1. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

Wrecked the Harley

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Felipe, Nov 19, 2011.

I was on my way to church and did a high speed get off. I've taken these curves at 70, must have been doing a little more. I saw the center line, then the edge, then the gravel. the next thing I knew I was waking up in the back of an ambulance and the woman was saying, "Your blood pressure is 80 over nothing, you are bleeding out, I'm calling a helicopter."

I went to see the bike today, it's hard to believe my forehead did this unless you could see my face right now.

[​IMG]

My vest lost a few patches...

[​IMG]

My leather saved a little skin..

[​IMG]

I just thought that I had a few scars before like in this picture, I'll update as soon as the swelling goes down...

[​IMG]

2. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

Oh my. You did quite a job on that bike (and I can only guess at yourself). Coming from a family of bikers, I can guess what you're looking like pretty easily. You're lucky, it sounds, and I hope you're smart enough to feel it. Speedy recovery, take care of yourself.

3. James Berkley

James Berkley Banned

Dam, I know form experience that a motorcycle accident is not fun. mine did not do as much a number on my body, but still painful vodo.
    Have a speedy recovery.

4. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

Got serious road rash on both knees and really will be glad when I can wear long pants again. It's getting cold.

5. seelifein69

seelifein69 Active Member

My boyfriend just dropped his bike a few weeks ago, and I'm so thankful he didn't hurt himself.

Wow, I was a little stunned when I saw the indent in the tank....you're so lucky to be alive.

Are you going to ride again when your healed?

6. Trish

Yeah, I can imagine that's not much fun. It hasn't been shorts weather here for a while. I think the boredom would get to me the most...

7. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

Well the bike is totaled so I won't be riding that one any more. I'm in no hurry to get another, maybe someday but I doubt it. You are right about the boredom, it's the dogs, the porch, vicoden and rum right now. I really don't want to get far away from the house right now because I hurt so bad, the sofa is my friend.

8. Trish

I know how you feel (minus the vicodin, rum, and totaled bike) heh. House, porch. LOL. That's me!

Oh, and dogs, heh. Almost forgot them:p

9. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

Nerves on my forehead are trying to grow back together and are making some really weird sensations, pain and numbness mixed together. Ribs are healing, it'll be three weeks Sunday.