1. nurseD

nurseD New Member

Write a short story about this picture!

Discussion in 'Word games' started by nurseD, May 7, 2016.

Hey guys. Ever since I saw this picture I kept thinking all sorts of neat stories that could come from this pic! Everyone please share a little story! 13100800_1012421008825305_7552559049250189628_n.jpg

Seraph751 likes this.
  2. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Well I for one would not go in there. I mean they couldn't even spell thugs right and who wants free thugs anyways. I'm a busy man with a lot of nasty "business" to take care of and when I use thugs I was the top shelf ones, not the free bin ones.

Seraph751 likes this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Is that Slenderman's hidey hole when he isn't out abducting people? Cause it screams: I got all ten of the pages, and now it is time to return them to old Slendy. :supergrin:
    slenderman-800.jpg Hug at own risk, might steal your soul. :superlaugh:

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I didn't think bears could write.

(6 word story)

Last edited: May 8, 2016
    Cave Troll likes this.
  5. nurseD

nurseD New Member

Ok, I'll go first:

"Fuck you, Dylan. I'm not going in there."
    "No, Fuck you Larson. You lost the bet," Dylan grinned grabbing the taller boys arm and attempting to drag him closer to the concrete entrance. Larson jerked his arm away and stumbled forward a little, staring at the black graffiti. He turned his gaze back to the other kids who excitedly gawked at the entrance with anticipation so great, one had to pull out his asthma inhaler.
    Larson scratched his arm under his flannel coat, then turned and yelled, "You all set me up! This isn't fair!"
    The other tall boy came and stood next to Dylan, still looking excited.
    "C'mon Larson. Go get your free hugs," he said gesturing like Vanna White to the graffiti. Inhaler boy and the third kid, the girl with the reddish brown hair joined Dylan's side. The ground crunching beneath them. It wasn't fall yet but the off beaten path close to the river had plenty of dead brush thanks to the cascading shadow from the bridge and the bits of garbage the the river bled in.
    "Riley?" Dylan said looking at the other tall boy with a smug look on his face. Riley's eyebrows raised with a menacing grin. They sprang up, grabbing Larson's arms, dragging him to the entrance...

A man called Valance likes this.
  6. Gerald Bunch

Gerald Bunch Member

There were so many reasons to stay away from that doorway, but I was having a rough week and could have really used a nice big hug. I tried to peek inside, but only darkness gazed back. Could there really be a hug waiting for me inside? The place looked as if they were hurting for business, because I didn't see a soul around. I wanted to check Yelp, but the place did not have a name. It was time to make a decision, go in or get the fuck out of here. I was about to walk away, but with the suspense killing me, I decided to enter the building. As I walked in, I was looking for a door guy, but there was nobody around, so I walked in.
    I feared for the worst, but the way my life was going, it was worth it. I had no choice, but to walk down the dark hallway. I forgot my phone had a flashlight app on it, so when I turned it on, it did not shine. When I turned the phone around to see the light, it was shining, so I turned it around to try it again, but no luck. This was going to be my last chance to turn around, but I was going to see this through. With all the darkness that was surrounding me, I made sure to keep a hand on the wall as I walked to the next door.
    By this time, I had walked at least five-hundred feet. I started to think this advertisement for hugs was one huge scam, so I decided to turn around. Right before I could turn, I heard some music in the background. I felt that this music had to be close, so I picked up the pace and when I got to the door, there was a host that was standing in the doorway. He asked if I had ever been there before and asked if I was referred there. I told him that I had never been there, that I was just walking by and seen the sign for free hugs. I asked why did they not advertise, he said that they liked to stay private to a certain amount of people. If they advertised then they would not have enough men and women to go around.
    After my conversation with the host, he asked if I would like a hug from a male or female. Of course, I chose female, so when I got to the private booth, in entered the most beautiful woman I had ever laid eyes on. She was my dream girl in everyway. What was this place and why are they in the middle of nowhere? I tried to come up with answers, but none seemed plausible.
    All of the sudden, as I was getting the hug of my life, I started to feel really weird. What the hell was going on and what was all this pain I was starting to feel. I started to feel like I was on drugs, so as I started to wake up, I noticed the people around me, they were doctors. Why would these people be working on me? I tried talking to them, but no words were coming out. I did notice a mirror behind one of the doctors, and as I glanced into the mirror, my fears were confirmed, they were harvesting my organs.

nurseD and A man called Valance like this.
  7. Kate Sen

Kate Sen Member

He whistled as he walked from his work place through the forest to his secret hideout. A proud smirk appeared on his face as he reread the caption "Free Hugs" seemingly inviting anyone to waltz in through the always open door. He prides himself on his open door policy. :) Of course, no one ever went in: the place looked creepy, the open door suggested he had nothing to hide in there.

Once inside, he took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the dim light. Then he got onto the cot, and hugged the gagged and tied up woman lying on there. For the nth time he wished he could untie her and demand a free hug from her instead. But then he remembered that he had tried that once, and that bitch had attacked him instead of hugging him. This was not the same one of course, but he had learned his lesson, and those bitches were all alike. So he would have to be the only one giving out hugs here, without receiving any in return. How selfless of him.

nurseD and A man called Valance like this.
  8. elynne

elynne Active Member

It's lonely being a monster. Nobody ever believes your true good intentions; they just look at your six arms, five eyes, two-foot-long mouth full of sharp teeth, and shaggy green-black fur, and start screaming and running away. Getting that reaction day after day, at grocery stores, gas stations, PTA meetings... it can get downright depressing.

Howard was determined to turn things around, though. He'd bought--well, stolen, really, it was impossible for him to buy anything because he didn't have money and people ran away when he tried to give it to them--a can of spray paint, and he thought long and hard about just what to write next to his lair that would be properly inviting. It would definitely be something to do with hugs. Six arms and shaggy fur make for great hugs, especially when a monster takes such pains to keep his hair and claws neat and washed like Howard did. What else usually enticed humans to try something? Dares? "I dare you to hug me" was too long, and he was pretty sure it wasn't sending quite the right message.

Then he remembered that time he'd lurked in an alley, watching a man in a gorilla suit give out free samples of hand lotion on a street corner. Many people had been startled and alarmed at first, but then they saw the sign, and a lot of them had laughed and even petted him after they got their sample. Howard had followed the man after all the samples were gone, wanting to ask the secret of his success, but after the man screamed and ran away he'd taken the gorilla suit, then ruined it trying to get it over his scaled thorax.

Maybe... it was the "free" that attracted people? Giving things away for free... that was a nice thing, Howard thought vaguely. Like giving presents. People liked presents, in general, though Howard's usual gifts of choice pieces of animal flesh and pretty tree branches hadn't seemed too popular. He considered "Hug presents," but that seemed awkward. Finally he shook the can, holding it delicately in his webbed pincers, and wrote "FREE Hugs", then stepped back to admire his work and check his spelling. He considered adding a picture of a flower, but wasn't sure how humans saw them, and the sign seemed sufficient. Howard crooned happily to himself under his breath as he crawled back into his den and waited for the humans to find him.

Radrook and nurseD like this.
  9. Aaron Smith

Aaron Smith Banned Contributor

For sale: Free hugs, never taken.

nurseD, Auger and elynne like this.
  10. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Pft, nothing to see here. Just the story of my secret, awesome, hug house that no one ever visited.

nurseD likes this.
  11. newjerseyrunner

newjerseyrunner Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022

I watch over the same swatch of woods as the spring before, and the spring before that. I once saw children run to me, back and forth with buckets of grain. But that was eons ago now. The springs come, and I lay here dormant, alone. My dirt floor blanketed in years of dried leaves, moss, and vermin feces. I am a curiosity in a hill, a place where small children dare each other to enter. A place where teenagers leave their crushed up beer cans, tangled in the weeds around my ingress. Mostly though, I'm alone; gently sleeping in the shade of the evergreens. Some day, I shall return to nature, and sleep forever.