1. Adenosine Triphosphate

Adenosine Triphosphate Old Scratch Contributor

Write Anything

Discussion in 'Writing Prompts' started by Adenosine Triphosphate, Jul 21, 2014.

Write anything you want to within five or six hundred words that isn't extremely obscene.

Seraph751 likes this.
  2. cazann34

cazann34 Active Member

We need a prompt. Can you give us one? 'Write anything' is just too vague.

3. Inkwell1

Inkwell1 Active Member

It was narrowed down to five champions. I still had a chance, but not an extremely large one. I clutched the harpoon to my chest, not sure how to fire and even more unsure if I wanted to try or not.

A girl, Pheydey, leaps at me with dagger in hand. I just manage to duck out of the way, though she slices my left arm. I gasp in pain and try to aim the harpoon; it's tough because I'm shaking, and I haven't the slightest idea how to fire one. But I pull the trigger anyway, and the arrow flies out of the launcher, and almost hits her. But she prances away, and tucks the dagger in her black boot so she appears a helpless champion.

I reload the harpoon, and take aim again; I shoot and miss. I yelp, as a wave of pain falls over my arm.

"C'mon, wimp! You can barely aim a harpoon, you're not fit for this! How can they call you a champion--" Pheydey yowls as my harpoon spear enters her arm. I tug it back and fire again. Again. Again, until Pheydey is left on the ground in a puddle of red.

I rip some cloth from her sleeve and tie it around my cut. It turns red pretty quickly, but that's when all chaos breaks loose.

Spears fly overhead, and knives fly in between your legs, barely missing your calf. Two champions crumple immediately, but there's still one more I have to defeat--I have to defeat her or die.

Blood trickles from her lips, her arms, and her right leg. Her only defense is a dagger, but I'm pretty sure at one point she had a gun or something.

"I--I'm going to..." she starts, before a crystalline tear squeezes out of her eye. I realize this girl never had a gun, she only ever had her dagger.

"I can't do it!" She cries, throwing the dagger down. "I can't kill a stranger! I was always taught to never kill! Just do it, get it over with!" But I can't do it either. I try, I aim, but I can't, I won't pull the trigger to launch the harpoon.

"Please," she whimpers, "make it quick. She'll kill us if you don't. Please."

I won't throw down my harpoon, because I feel like something is awry. But I can't do it. I sling it over my shoulder and shake my head.

But she, that girl, pulls out a knife. A traitor of the Hightest Seas. Of course. Her tattoo ripples through the grey nylon suit, and two top teeth are filed into fangs.

"You're a--"

She throws the knife down. A traitor of the Hightest Seas? "Please," she begs. "I can't do it."

I hesitate before saying, "I can't either."

The dome segregating us from the rest of the world lifts, and it's all black, until two stage lights flick on, one focused on the Judges and the other resting on us.

"One of you," a girl Judge with the skin color of chocolate, "will stay. The other goes home and faces consequences."

We nod. And we both know who's staying for more torture.

Me.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Anything.

5. Okon

Okon Contributing Member Contributor

Extremely obscene.

6. zaneoriginal

zaneoriginal Member

I got it close to six hundred, I had to caught out a lot of good stuff to even get it this close. The ending was rushed because of word limit.

“Dance my pretty!” the evil witch cackled.

Dorothy couldn’t help herself as her feet continued to kick wildly into the air. Like an unheard demonic melody was playing that she could not resist. Quicker and higher her legs kicked as ash she struggled to keep her body up right.

“You’re a terrible old witch to do something like this to our poor Dorothy” whimpered the Cowardly Lion from his three foot high cage on the ground.

“Silence you! Or I’ll let you play with my ravenous coked up flying monkey Jumbo.” the witch snapped.

The Cowardly Lion whimpered sadly in his cage as he saw the distress coming over Dorothy. If only she had not let the Wicked Witch of the West convinced her to trade in those shabby ruby slippers for the cursed purple high heels that now emitted their glowing venomously green light.

“Oh what am I to do now?” Dorothy thought to herself now as panic took its hold over her. She tried to look around the room for anything that might help her but the motion of her feet made focusing a desperate challenge.

The witch raised her hand and the shoes slowed. “Had enough my dear?” before Dorothy could respond she was cut off by the evil witch “Oh, sounds like another song!” and she lowered her hand as the shoes began to move again.

Dorothy was now profusely sweating. She reached for the hanker chief tucked away in her dress. Dabbing it her wet forehead she had a moment of inspiration.

With a new intensity Dorothy moved. Her movements no longer the jagged back and forth of her body struggling to stay up right but now became something more, something unexpected. Dorothy began to dance with her whole body.

“Well this is unexpected.” the witch murmured to herself “better kick it up a notch.”

The witch raised her broom and pointed it towards Dorothy’s feet. “How about some river dance!”

She cursed purple shoes began to move with an amazing ferocity, but Dorothy kept on dancing in time.

To the lion in his cage nervously bit at his tail as he watched in horror. He bit too hard and yelped. He instinctively raised himself bumping against the top of the cage hard. This noise caught the witch’s attention.

“I thought I told you to be quiet?”

“Well Ms. Witch you actually said for me to be silent” he nervously replied rubbing the top of his head.

“I’ll show you to back talk to me!”

At this moment the witch redirected her broom away from Dorothy’s feet and pointed it directly at the lion. The shoes slowed.

This was Dorothy’s chance. She had collected her sweat in the hanker chief now dripping in her hand. She flung the soaked piece of cloth at the witches face who was distracted in a malevolent gaze at the lion.

Slap! The hanker chief hit the witches right side of her face. Almost immediately there was a hissing sound as her skin reactive to the water in the sweat.

“AAAAAAHHHH!” the witch grasped at her face. “What have you done?!” now a small amount of steam begin to seep from the putrid green flesh of her face.

At that moment the large wooden framed door of the stone room fell forward crushing the witch’s body.

On top of the now collapsed door stood a giant winged ape and further up on its back sat the Tin Man and the Scarecrow who was holding Dorothy’s pet dog Todo.

“I hope we’re not too late. Jumbo here needed some therapy from the scarecrow about his crack addiction” the Tin Man shouted down.

“Oh you’re just in time.” Dorothy was on the ground pulling off the purple high heals.

7. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Supporter Contributor

Nothing explicit but a minor warning for racism, violence, and suggestive language.

It was another one of those nights, the kind where you wonder why the hell did they ever allow democracy in the first place. Damned system stops working when you hit the million populace mark and nevermind being spread out over a drastically large and varied typo graphy.

It wasn't the first time those thoughts occured to me as I stood with the mob, kicking the life out of a crimnal alongside them. Though, the real pressing matter is why did I wear my white sneakers again. I think, deep down p[sychologically, I enjoy ruining my new shoes as some sort of penance. I didn't like what I was doing but that's just how it was here in Little Saintsburg. Yes, the irony does not elude me.

"What are we killing him for?" a woman's voice rang out over the thumping of shoes on skin.

"Rape, I think," the man next to me answered, bare feet covered in blood. What a whackjob.

"No, it was pedophilia," someone else called out in the crowd.

"Can we decide later? We already voted to kill him, might as well finish the job," the bare footed man said. "Spoiliong the mood."

Just another night of lawful demoncracy. God bless New Canada.

"Isn't he one of those seperatists? A Kwabacker?" another voice asked, nearer than the last.

"Quebecois," I correcteed him. "Bunch of seperatist freaks. Think they're too good for New Canada." My words reminded me of all those mid-afternoon propaganda commercials I saw on TV as a child, when New Canada was still just Canada.

The beatings generally lasted half an hour, giving a chance for everyone in the mob to get a few kicks in. Though, they only ever really lived for a few minutes before dying from blunt trauma. You had to come early and get in on it early enough if you wanted to do it while the were still alive. Though, only the real sickos made sure to be upfront, everyone else just wanted to help dispense justice.

I always head toward the edge of town, after court adjourns, and watch the wild prarie from a safe distance. I've always wondered why in the hell did Karl Haggart sold the praries back to the natives. Ever since, passing through their lands was a death wish. I'm pretty sure he sold for a promise to stop the riots all over the country. Good lot that did. Now there's more of them than there ever was and they're better armed and organized. Thank God they keep their promises because it will take time to build a bomb big enough to blow them all straight to Hell.

It was peaceful though, watching the breeze ripple through the long stalks of grass. Beautiful even. A kind of permanent and rare thing in this fucked up world we called home.

Tonight, though, the wild grassland was oddly quiet. The crickets weren't at their violins and the coyotes missing from sight and that unerved me. When the animals hid, it was generally for a good reason. Only then did I notice the distant sound of hoofbeats and the approaching panicked whimpering of a man.

"The hell?" I stood up and peered in the dark.

"Hah! I'm over the border you native, flea bitten, incestious freaks! Can't touch me, nuh uh, not one bit!" The man was out of breath, wheezing from his run with death.

"You know they'll 'accidently' loose an arrow in the dark and have it fly and kill someone on the border 'accidently', right? They're allowed that." I mention, motioning for him to duck.

"No th-" An arrow zipped by his head and he planted himself face first to the dirt.

I could not see them but I heard a very low muttering followed by the receding sound of horses. Seemed they had enough of chasing the man.

"You alright?" I went toward the man, making sure he hadn't bit nicked by the arrow.

"Fine as a feather now that those barbarians are gone." He looked around himself. "Which side of the border am I on?"

"Border? This is all Canadian land, you just escaped from the Wilds. If you're talking about America the Brave and Beautiful, she's way the other direction behind us."

"Thank Little Baby Bhuddha, I thought I'd accidently escaped back into America the Faithful."

"Oh, you're one of those Americans. How's that wall working out for you?"

"Keeps the Jellyfish at bay." He shrugged. "Town?"

"Winnie-the-Pooh-town." I answered.

"What?"

"Winnipeg. We renamed it a dozen years ago as a reward for excellent civil obedience. We were all allowed to get smashed on Vodka and create a single new law. We ended up renaming the town."

"Ah, I heard you Canadians had some fucked up ways of doing things."

"We also have to report all Americans to the mayor so he can deal with you. Uusually we just throw you back to the prairies." Even in the lack of light, I could tell his expression turned to horror. "You got good legs, you'll be fine."

"Look, if you keep me a secret, I'll give you the best blowjob ever," he begged, falling to his knees a little too eagerly.

"I wasn't going to report you yet. Too late in the night for it now and I don't really feel like going outside tomorrow. Had a long a night of dispensing justice."

"Oh, thank you." He sighed, wearily.

"I'll still take you up on your offer, though. You need a place to sleep tonight or the Vagrant Officers will get you. We have a zero-tolerance policy for foreigners, gypsies, homeless, wanderers, and the like.

"Alright, lead the way." He motioned for to lead. "Name's Jack."

"Terran. You did this before?"

"A few times. I reserve it for the lookers."

"I'll take the compliment."

Heading back to my house for a round of passionate and rough love-making, it never even occured to me I had just taken an American spy into my bed that would change my life forever. I was just thinking about satisfying my rigid erection.

This is the very first thing that came to my mind when I read the prompt "Write Anything".

8. Seraph751

Seraph751 If I fell down the rabbit hole...

My dreams and nightmares come in 2 different ways. The first is just an impression as I wake up. The second is vivid in your face color and action that leaves you feeling it's imprint on you as you wake. My nightmares hold just enough of reality to make you jerk awake and my dreams leave only enough to make you yearn to not wake up. At least until Reality smacks you silly.

9. Francis de Aguilar

Francis de Aguilar Active Member

The bunker was mostly silent, except for the whirr of the air-con, the light coming from the flickering screens.

Gabriel sat at the controls of C.A.S.E (Complete Annihilation of the Sentient Error)

The planet had been divided into twelve sections six in each hemisphere.

C.A.S.E had completed eight sections so far.

“C.A.S.E status update,’’ ordered Gabriel.

“Sector nine complete, no sentient life detected, Sector ten complete no sentient life detected, remaining sectors ongoing.”

Gabriel looked at the screens, one through ten just showed gray, eleven had a scan bar moving across it.

A green spot started to glow in the bottom left corner.

“Sentient life present in Sector eleven coordinates 4276/ 93 YS2, instructions please,” announced C.A.S.E

“Locate and terminate on my mark.” Gabriel entered the code and hit the key.

There was a small flash on the screen.

C.A.S.E announced,

“Sector eleven complete, no sentient life detected. Sector twelve complete, no sentient life detected. Overall task Complete, all sections complete. Operator will follow instruction set FPT 8745. Opening box A221.”

Gabriel went to the drawer that had just snapped open and removed the small container, the instructions on the side said; Take one last thing, then retire.

“Opening compartment B222.”

A small door slid open to reveal a glass of water, Gabriel took the tablet and lay on his bunk.

As he lay there, he thought, at last peace on earth, no more war or hunger and disease, no more inequality, just the animals, the birds and the insects, no more humans to fuck it all up.

A small green light on the console flickered and went out.

C.A.S.E announced ‘Task fully complete, powering down.’

©Francis de Aguilar

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016