Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Writemonthly

Writemonthly New Member

Write Monthly - Get published!

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Short Story Contest Archives' started by Writemonthly, Jan 30, 2012.

Hey everyone! :)

I've been browsing this forum for a while (as I'm also a keen writer) and today finally decided to join. I just wanted to let you all know about a brand new website opening, that will be holding a short story competition each month. It's free to enter and the best entries will make it into a real published book, which will be sold on Amazon and several other websites.

http://writemonthly.com

If you're interested, check out the above link for all the details. It'd be great to see a few people from this forum make the first edition of the book. :D

The site doesn't officially launch until the 1st of February, but since I'm involved with the project, I decided to let you guys know a few days early. Thanks for reading.;)

2. TDFuhringer

TDFuhringer Contributing Member Contributor

Thanks for the link. I'm definitely going to use this.

3. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributing Member Contributor

Who exactly runs this? And what are their qualifications, both as judges of writing and for publishing? What does it mean when they say the author retains all rights, and yet stories cannot 'ever be withdrawn'? Do authors get paid anything? Are these ebooks or print?

An awful lot of missing details there. Granted, one can contact the people in charge, but seems like things like these should all be on the site.

4. pinkgiraffe

pinkgiraffe Member

I'm not entirely sure why anyone would give you their work to publish for no financial reward...?

5. Balmarog

Balmarog Member

I have to admit that in looking at the website, it says to me, "Give us some free stories that we can profit of by selling them in a big book."
    Some clarification would be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.