1. Raven

Raven Banned

Society. Whats Wrong

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Oct 9, 2007.

My rant for today.
    Whats wrong with sociaty today.

Greed corruption selfishness its like a plague.
    There are genuine people out there that really need help and compassion.
    But society brings us all down. Our councils are selfish our governments don't really help otherwise we wouldn't need so many charities.

And people they just don't care. Sometimes I think humanity needs a good kick up the Butt. We all have it in us to be better people but most choose to not be.

2. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

what has specifically happened to kick off this rant then ravens?? i was having one earlier about the shops and clothing but that was just me blagging head again. :p

3. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

In my eye's it's always been like this.

One of the main points of my Religon (I'm a self confesed Buddist) is that this world is just a pot to hold all souls who are corrupted, and we are here to find our light once again.

4. Raven

Raven Banned

I just see so many knock downs so much in the world. My sister was ungratful with her xmas present last year because it was a Ministry of Sound MP3 player and not an Ipod.

Thats just silly.

Other things like rudness and well we all have it in us to change and make life better on the whole but we don't

5. Heather Louise

yea, you are right, it doesn't have to be this way. and in a perfect world it wouldn't be. problem is that a perfect world don't exsist and ever will. all you can do is try and add the little bits of good that you can. :)

6. Raven

Raven Banned

Yes thats true. I always beleive if I do a good deed for someone else they will return that favour by doing a good deed for someone else. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

7. Heather Louise

yea it's nice when that happens. it's a real shame that it doesn't happen all the time. do you know what annoys me with this society though, the people who refuse to work and are on the dole. fair enough, so many are honestly struggling to find a job and some cannot work for whatever reasons, but you get way too many sitting at home and refusing to work because they can't be bothered or the minimum wage isn't good enough for them. it really does my head in as it is people like you and my dad and everyone else who works that is putting money to fund those lazy slackers. grrr! :p

8. Lemex

I know what you are saying about rudness... I work, I get it all the time.
    I hate the people who come into the shop and say 'This chair is too expensive, what a rip off!' and leave.
    It irritats me so much!

9. Nadala

Nadala Banned

The gift of grace seems to fall far from human grasp. I think most deem themselves THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. But if they were they would look around and see other peoples happiness can affect ones own happiness. It's not about look what I just did for these people. It's about being humble and human.

10. Heather Louise

i know what you mean but unless it was you that priced the chair, i see no reason why it shoul affend you ot be honest. i am afraid that i do that a bit, or my mam does, find something that you like and then are astonished at the price before walking out. sometimes the prices are extorshionate is the thing.

11. Lemex

^That's true, and I really shouldn't feel so annoyed, considering I just work there.
    But it really can grind on you a bit.

12. Heather Louise

yea,, i know what you mean, it would probs end up doing my head in if i worked in a shop but with some things there are two sides to the story.

13. Raven

Raven Banned

I can understand that.
    But sometimes the cost of living on the dole can be easier for some people finacially. Some people can't afford to work because they will be worse off in a job than on the dole especially with lots of kids.

Most of my working life has been in the army and yeah the pay is really good. But my career there has drawn to an end and because i have served this country literally with my life I cannot get much back from the government. and Help wise in looking for another career its even less help.

At the moment Im in limbo because i need to find another career but because im now ex army its harder because of the regiment i was in the main job i can hope to get is security. I don't want to do security but the uk treat ex army especially from my regiment as though we're ex-criminals.

Another friend of mine is making his living on the dole. Its wrong i agree but i have to think he does that because he'd be worse off working. So i guess theres two sides to that particular coin.

14. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Good deeds are rare to come by to be honest. I try to do good deed every day, but these days you gotta be careful when you do. Like if you find something in the street and give it to the polive, they acuse you of stealing it in the first place.
    It is sad to see the way society has gone. You can't do a good deed without people thinking that there is an alterior motive behind it.
    Life is a funny thing really.

15. Heather Louise

yea, there are always two sides, and sometimes people are better off but that is rarely the case. a lot of the time it is because the minimum wage is not good enough they want more, or they jjst cannot be bothered. if you cannot get work for whatever reason then fair enough, keep trying but we should help you while you are out of work. it is the people who don't even bother that get on my wick.

16. Raven

Raven Banned

Well i agree with you on that note.

But remember not everyone is on the dole because of laziness. Some are very geniune. But then it comes back to society. The bad out way the good and thus the good become caterised as the bad.

17. Heather Louise

i know that and i did say that in my first post about it, that there are people out there who cannot find work or who cannot work for some reasons.

18. Raven

Raven Banned

Society really does bring the workers or less fortunate down while the rich stay rich.
    Its totally wrong. If we were all equal our drive for greed would be gone. And we'd be able to better ourselves in different ways. But it boils down to those wanting more and screwing others over more to attain more.

19. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I am on the dole so to speak, due to the fact that I am a single mother that would rather be there with my children to make sure they are raised safely. I also have a child that is rather ill and was about to get into work till she fell so ill too. I hate the dole but I don't have any other choice.

20. Lemex

I'm very tempted to quote Orwell's 1984 on this... I'll shut up for now though, can't find the damned book.

21. Heather Louise

yea, but in the same respects you cannot blame the rich for being rich. everyone is out there to make the most money for themselves ta the end of the day, and it is not the riches fault that hey are better at it. like my mam hates people like doctors and soliciters and stuff as they earn loadsa money but i am thinking, they put the effort into learning the things to help them earn this money, why the hell should they give it all away as my mam keeps saying they should. i am all up for sorting out jobs for as many people on the dole as possible and offering them to them. if they accept then great. if they say no for some random reason, fine nut you aint staying on dole. you've had the oppertunity and you aint done anything, now it's tough. and the ones who earn more,, i wuld tax them slightly more, which does happen, but otherwise leave them to it.

22. Nadala

Nadala Banned

I'd love to hear it.

On another note I hope this jolts a few. It's not always offering a hand up sometimes a simple are you okay is the kindest thing you can do for another

23. Heather Louise

that is a circumastance tht cannot be helped at the moment Torana, we all know that and you do. i am sure though that as soon as you can work again, like when both of your kids are in full time school and that, you will rather than stil doing nothin. i mean, my dad spent a few weeks or months on the dole when we came back from New Zealand before he could fnd a job,, things like that do happen.

24. Raven

Raven Banned

I don't think the rich should give away what they have worked for.

But the trouble with the dole is what they offer is stupid new deal schemes hinder people and put them with ****heads druggys and other low life. That never worked.

To help a person get a job they should look at that persons skill find a good course for them and help them. With Help 70% of dolies will end up working.

25. Heather Louise

which is exactly what i would want to do. and like i said, if you have been offered a job and say no, even though you have no real reason for taking it, then we will take you off the dole,, end of convo.