1. Jeff Countryman

Jeff Countryman Living the dream

Writer's Digest Magazine and/or Website

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeff Countryman, Feb 14, 2017.

Does anyone subscribe to the magazine? Is it worth it? The website if full of tips and 'how to' articles that seem worthwhile.

I've read a couple of back issues on a 'free magazine' site/app and it looks professional . . . the the tips seem redundant at times (15 ways to do this! 7 ways to do that! the amazing 12 secrets of successful writers! Etc.)

Any thoughts?

2. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

It's okay. There's some good stuff but it's definitely 10 ways to this or that like you said. The forum is a joke. I've seen cemeteries with more activity.

Jeff Countryman likes this.
  3. ChaseTheSun

ChaseTheSun Senior Member

I could never get into Writers Digest. I currently have a subscription to Writers' Forum (from the UK; I'm in Aus) but I skip through about half of it due to lots of ads and some predictably tedious articles. But I still enjoy WF more than WD.

4. ArgileSocks

ArgileSocks Member

I've bought the two most recent copies of WD... I think they're interesting to read for the information on publishers. The tips on writing aren't too bad, either. If you did a little research on your own, though, you could find a lot of the same information for free.

They sometimes include lists of writer conventions, and it's nice to have so many in one place (all with a short description). I wouldn't say it's a bad buy, but you could get along without it.

Homer Potvin likes this.