1. Jayson

Jayson New Member

writing a 200-400 word business description

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Jayson, Oct 21, 2008.

Well :redface: first I would like to say I kinda feel silly askin how to write something so small when it seems some people on here are writing books. I'm not much of a writer though and I never have been. So I was hoping someone could help me if it's not too much trouble. If it is no problem!

I have to write a description for an Entertainment company, but I have no idea where to start. I've made a small outline, gathered information about what the company does and what type of company it is but still I have no clue how to start my description. Does anyone have any tips? If it will help, my outline is below.

--Entertainment Company--

--owns a web design studio
    --has offline art projects
    --incorporated in 2006
    --ran by one person

I know it's not much :( but I haven't been able to think all day.. can anyone help?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I think you'd be better off asking this on a website devoted to entreprenuering or business. Your questions are less about writing than about selling a business profile.

You might get some responses, in the same way you might get home maintenance tips on a crafts site - both involve assembling things from wood and other materials, but any expertise you encounter would be by the luck of the draw.

3. NaCl

NaCl Contributing Member Contributor

Because this summary is for a business, you need to hire a "copywriter" to develop it. Remember, the first impression EVERY customer will get of a business is always some kind of brief description or picture. First impressions often determine whether or not a potential customer will proceed to a more active look at the company or its products.

Pay the professional; get it right!

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i've done a lot of copyrwriting, so if you want some help with this, email me...

love and hugs, maia