1. Lucy E.

Lucy E. Contributing Member

Writing a Narrative Book Summary...?

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Lucy E., Oct 17, 2008.

Okay, so I have to write a narrative book summary about a novel of my choice for school. It has to be between 2 and 6 pages. I'm used to writing shorter summaries, so I have no idea how to go about this...help?

P.S. This isn't homework or a test, it's just something we're about to do in class, but I wasn't there when the teacher explained it so my mate just told me what we have to do. :[ I have to go now, I slunk into my parents' room to get to the main computer for like five minutes lol

2. Palimpsest

Palimpsest Senior Member

Write it like a TelevisionWithoutPity.Com recap :eek: (That is, step-by-step progression of events, all 'told.' Snarky commentary might make a more entertaining read as well as pad it out a bit, but if your teacher's really strict about you turning in what s/he asked for only then that would be a minus, in which case Cliff Notes style is what I presume they're looking for.)

3. marina

marina Contributing Member Contributor

Two words: size-24 font. JK.

One link: here.

4. Iris Reola

Iris Reola Member

She wants a 2-6 page SUMMARY? The teachers at my school (expect, maybe, one) would shoot me if I tried to write a summary that lasted more than a paragraph...