1. Letoatreides3508

Letoatreides3508 New Member

Question [Solved] Hi.. a bit of a noob with a potentially stupid question

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Letoatreides3508, May 23, 2015.

First of all, I'd just like to say that I'm very happy to have found this board. So many people so eager to help :D

It was suggested to me that I post my story in the workshop for review and feedback, but am not entirely sure how to go about it. I was told I have to review a couple pieces, but am unsure what that means. Do I reply to the posts in the workshop forum, or do I have to do something more elaborate?

2. Lilly James Haro

Lilly James Haro The Grey Warden

Hello,
    The answer to your question is yes, you reply to the stories in the workshop forum. However, you can't just post a rating or a post like 'fix the spelling mistakes', it has to be useful. There is a really helpful post here that explains what a good critique is and I would suggest that you read it, especially if you are new to reviewing.
    I hope I have helped :)

Mckk likes this.
  3. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Apart from giving the two critiques in the Workshop you'll also need to have 18 other posts on the forum (these can be anywhere).

If you're unsure about how to give a critique I suggest you follow the link @Lilly James Haro posted above, but I would also recommend going into the Workshop and reading a few critiques from other people. Writing a critique might seem like a huge undertaking at first, but it doesn't have to be. Just try to find things that you feel are weird or wrong, and see how they can be improved. Also try to find paragraphs, concepts, etc. that you love so you can get a couple of positive critiques as well.

When you write critiques I suggest that you don't look at the previous critiques of the same piece. If you repeat something that's been said before, then that's a good thing because it shows that the repeated point stood out to several people. Also, take your time writing your critiques, there is no reason to rush it.

Lilly James Haro likes this.