1. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

MH comic

Discussion in 'Comedy and Humour' started by MilesTro, Jun 19, 2008.

What do you think of this comic book idea for kids?

Mech Hunters

Genre: Action Comedy Science Fiction

Viewer audience: Ages 10 to 13

Spinyn, Lissy, and Tooth are humanoid dogs, who hunt rogue machines on a post apocalyptic Earth where advance machines run amuck and the human race left Earth to find a safe world to live on. They thought their village will remain peaceful, until they receive warning that a brutal army are on their way to conquer their home. Now they must hunt three war machines to collect the machines’ parts to build weapons for the villagers. Will the brave Mech Hunters succeed in time before the enemy arrives?

Backstory: Humanity's machines across the world suddenly went out of control. Because of the disaster, the humans are force to leave Earth. Biological scientists created the human animal hybrids, called Paras, to rid the Earth of the rouge machines, until the human race decide to return. While the humans are gone, Paras inherit the Earth and hunt the rouge machines as part of their culture. It's been five hundred years, since the humans left the Earth. The Paras will never know when their creators will return. But what will happen when the humans return?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Same answer I gave you two weeks ago on your last similar post here:
    Honest, the answer won't change. :)

What are you looking for with this kind of question? Are you looking for people to tell you, "Yeah, sounds great." Exactly what will that mean for you?

Or are you looking for people to tell you, "It's been done. Don't bother." Well, you can probably find one or two of those responses too.

But will either one change your determination to go ahead and write it? I would hope not.

It's your idea. Run with it, or walk away from it. But make it your decision.

3. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

I just want to make sure it's not already done before. I should write the plot out first, and then send to somebody to critic. On the other sites, some of the viewers said it has fictional details, which will not keep the story going.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Of course it has been done before. If you are holding out for a story that has never been told, you'll never write anything!

Never ask. If the idea excites you, write it! Put your own spin on it, bring your unique characters to life.

Really, don't ask opinions based on a plot summary. It will get you exactly nothing useful.

5. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Okay, thank you.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

he's right, miles!... that's the best advice you'll ever get on the subject... and i'd have said it, if cog hadn't beaten me to it [and even done it better!]...

hugs, maia