1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Not So Villian Now

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Leaka, Nov 15, 2009.

In this game we will reinterpret villains in their misunderstood ways. We'll rewrite why they aren't evil in funny ways.

My example is this:

The response:

Now let's begin:

Lord Voldemort, he killed Harry Potter's parents and then killed off several other characters in the story.

2. echo_wolf

echo_wolf New Member

Voldemort was going for what he thought the "greater good" would be. He had been mistreated by mudbloods for too long and felt the need to snap back. A reasonable reaction.
    Was i supposed to give another villan or what?
    If so then.... hum..... Shylock from Merchent of Venice. He didnt want to leand money without a stict payment of one pound of flesh. Though he ended up paying for it, he made poor Antonio sad.
    "In sooth i know not why i am so sad"

3. Evelyanin

Evelyanin New Member

Shylock didn't mean flesh from the body, but "flesh" as in "meat". At first he held a grudge against Antonio, but decided to change his ways. He knew that Antonio had a hobby on the side. This hobby was hunting. If Antonio could not pay him back, Shylock would let it go if Antonio could give him a pound of meat, since Shylock has a soft spot for a nice piece of meat, grilled to perfection. He was such a kindly man, but sadly everyone misunderstood him. Because of his kindness, he lost everything in the end. Of course, he should have been a little bit more specific, but had he known, he would have spelled out the exact details when making the bond.

The villain I choose is the witch from the story "Rapunzel".

Note: I have actually never read "The Merchant of Venice" so please excuse any inconsistencies.

4. echo_wolf

echo_wolf New Member

Well, first off, by a pound of flesh, he actually did mean flesh, like cutting off a pound. And Shylock wouldnt just let Antionio off with a steak... its deeper then that. And im sorry i got way off topic lol but i though i fill you in. Go out and read Merchent. It is a fabulous book and its funny and sorta sad. And im sorry that i got off topic! i was never here.....

5. tcol4417

tcol4417 Member

The devil was actually a senior executive at Heaven Inc. and - having been a loyal employee for thousands and thousands of years - was quite shocked when the CEO announced that controlling interest of their assets would be given to the CEO's young and phenomenally inexperienced son, Jesus.

Lucifer attempted to buy out the company when it was floated on the stock exchange, gathering as much financial support as he could muster in an attempt to keep the company's ideals pure and save it from the "new age" concepts that this bearded, long-haired hippie had begun bandying about on his first day - things like maternal leave, penalty rates and superannuation.

Lucifer's strategy was to first drive down the stock value by selling and selling and selling to the point where he had to sell shares that did not technically exist. When the listed share value finally reached zero, Lucifer attempted to recoup his costs by buying the now worthless stock that he owed to those that he had sold to.

The plan came undone when he realised that the person buying the failing stock was actually Jesus himself, who now owned the company 400 times over. Lucifer was publicly named as the instigator of the recent roller-coaster ride of fiscal events and had every asset that he owned stripped to pay his debts.

Lucifer was fired without ceremony and his Employee of the Month portraits were taken down.