1. restore

restore New Member

Writing habits question

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by restore, Jul 28, 2009.

Normally I write in visions. I get the clue of what i did last time then i continue it, don't really read the sentences i wrote last time. But i m feeling tired of this habit ,since i tend to get too many visions in head, and ideas, and they keep changing, and it makes my head tired. I want to find a easier writing style and i read some writers here on this forum they just write instantly, they sit and start to write and they can do it very well.
    I used to write in english since i feel relax to write in this language,it also makes me feel I m on another planet, not on this planet anymore.... but this is not my first language and i have to write in my native language, and i feel nervous heavy too, i need to change this i need to feel comfortable with my native language.......

any suggestions?
    thanks.......:redface:

2. Erebus

Erebus Member

I think writing is different for each and every person. Sometimes I sit down and force myself to write but generally an idea will pop into my head because I see something in the street and then ideas start formulating that I need to get down on paper. When I start writing, my fingers can sometimes have a life of their own and just spill things out on the paper than I later have to go back to and tidy up.

3. Marcelo

Marcelo Contributing Member

Sometimes my ideas try to change, but I've dedicated so many time to my current story that I feel that I need to finish it. It's all about holding off. And as for writing in a language that is not your native one, I can give you some advice there. I prefer writing in English because at this point I find myself more comfortable doing so, and because I prefer how it sounds. Also, I write better in English than in Spanish, and know that the English audience is wider, so this gives me more chances to get published one day. So, even though I'm Mexican, I keep reading and writing, hoping to get better with time. After all, if Guillermo Del Toro could do it, I can do it.