1. Gracia Bee

Gracia Bee Member

Mentors

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Gracia Bee, Jul 20, 2013.

I have seen this done on the NaNoWriMo forums but never on here so I thought it would be good. So basically, for those who don't know, on the NaNo forums, there is a thread specifically for people to post on saying if they want a mentor to help with their writing, or for more experienced writers that would be happy to help the amateurs. I personally find mentors very helpful because if you don't have someone to read your work over or figure out if your plot needs tweaking, a mentor is very useful. Now, I know there are some serious writers on here who are against the idea of people 'bouncing' ideas off each other, but there are some amateurs who view writing is a bit of fun and their work will probably not ever see the light of day. If you have ideas already, mentors can be great for a bit of motivation (which is something even serious writers need).
    So, down below, post your name (or nickname), whether you are looking for a mentor or want to be one, your genre of writing (I don't think a romance writer would be very helpful for someone who wants to write horror stories) and any other info that you think might be useful. Your mentor, or mentoree, can then message you and friendships shall blossom as well as very good writing.
    Okay, I'll start;
    Hi, my name is Grace and I am 14. Being quite the amateur, I am looking for a mentor that could help me! I mostly write YA Fantasy. So, any experience writers, or people who think they know a thing or two about fantasy writing, please feel free to message me! Thanks!

Your turn!

2. hughesj

hughesj New Member

Hi, I am currently stuck with my novel and I think a mentor is a great idea.

Nickname: Hughesj
    Name: Jason
    Genre: Crime

This would be great, and if anyone needs someone to read over their story I'm happy to do it :)

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i've been mentoring aspiring writers for many years and always have time for one more...

that said, i'm not sure the purpose of this thread is allowed by site rules 'n regs' so you'd best ask a moderator if it's ok, to avoid being sanctioned for posting something that's agin the rules...

you can email me any time, if you want info on mentoring...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com