1. Fantasy Lover

Fantasy Lover New Member

No ending as such..

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Fantasy Lover, Mar 28, 2013.

I've been stuck for what seems like a long time now on my main story line, I mean I have the beginning and the middle, but no proper ending.
    Is it possible to just write and see what happens and hopefully it all comes together to form an ending?
    Has anybody done this before?

I'm writing an urban fantasy novel, I've got a main 'Demon', a couple of creatures for background purposes, I've tried to research another Demon but that's still on going, probably this Demon to be linked with another Demon? but this Demon to be linked to a creature? But I'm not too sure and i'm not sure if this is too much??
    I hoped you followed that last bit, hope it's not confusing :redface:

2. Suffering-is-Beauty

Suffering-is-Beauty New Member

of course you can just write and see what happens. Just finish the book. The best thing about writing is that it's like art. its never finished, only abandoned. you can always go through it again and again until it says what you want it to. I finish stories all the time, and by the time I actually get to the ending, if I ever do, it is never the same. sometimes I have four different scenarios I've written, and never choose any of them.

as far as the second bit, little confusing I guess, but are they demons as in 'supernatural' type demons or are they biblical demons. If their 'supernatural' demons then you can literally do whatever you want to with them. If their biblical demons then I wouldn't try linking up some minor demon with Asmodeus or Leviathan. It just wouldn't seem right. Maybe I'm wrong.

3. Suffering-is-Beauty

Asmodeus and leviathan are archdemons- just clarifying.

4. Xatron

Xatron New Member

Depends on which school of demonology you subscribe to.

5. Suffering-is-Beauty

Well yeah demons, angels, and Satan have more names than a baby book. I happen to like those names so that's what I call them.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

...yes, it is...

...i've done it many times... a lot more often than having a clear ending in my mind from the start...

7. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

I never know how the things are going to end until I get there.