1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

The Probability of 313

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wreybies, Sep 4, 2008.

At some point years ago I began to notice that I was noticing the number 313 more than would seem statistically probable. It is the numerical representation of my birthday, March 13th, but other than that it represents nothing recurring in my everyday life. It is not the number of a bus to catch, or a time to be at work. It is not an address I pass by regularly or the time that I take my break.

Yet still I see it everywhere.

I have, of course, conducted no scientific experiments to determine if this number crops up in my daily life more than any other number, but I just have this strange feeling akin to déjà vu that it does.

Anyone else have a number or event or anything that they just seem to notice more than would seem normal?

2. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

Yes, my kids come to me far more than normal asking for money! LOL

3. Wreybies

That was priceless! For everything else, there's Mastercard! :D

4. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I notice the number 666 an awful lot, but honestly i don't think its so much the number appears more than probability would allow but because the number has a meaning for you you tend to notice it more often than other random numbers that mean nothing. I'm christian, so 666 is gonna catch my attention. My dad commanded the 313th MI Battalion of the 82nd airborne and he notices the numbers 313 and 82 an awful lot.

Its not that the number appears more than usual, it just draws your attention easily.

5. Wreybies

That is pretty much what I figured, and I knew that I could not be alone in this little strangeness of mine. I just needed to be sure.... :rolleyes::D

6. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Don't worry Wreybies, your not crazy, you're just excentric XD

7. Lucy E.

Lucy E. Active Member

I agree, if you consciously or subconsciously look for a particular number, it seems to crop up more than other number. For example, me and my mate Naomi watched this video about 9/11, and in it, the number 11 had something or other to do with a conspiracy, etc., etc., etc. - everything I saw that day seemed to have something to do with 11.
    Naomi even ended up noticing that in this one picture, you could see 11 of George Bush's teeth.

8. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

My number is the ultimate number, 9. I see and experience it everywhere and everyday. Sometimes I intentionally do things in 9s since its also my favorite number, but I see it even when I don't want to.

9. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

11 is special to me, because it's the only odd number I associate with the color green. Even numbers are green, odd numbers are yellow. And it might help that I was born on May 11, and May is a green month with a green birthstone. Yeah, it's weird. Shut up.

10. Gladiatus

Gladiatus New Member

My brothers lucky number is 65 (dont ask!) he notices it everywhere. Sometimes he just shouts at me "there it is again!"

It's become a sort of obssession in our house, spot the 65! But becuase we are semi looking we do see it more. :p

11. Last1Left

Last1Left Active Member

I really connect to the number zero, but honestly, the number 666 crops up in my academic life a lot. Nothing big, but three of my textbooks in my high school career so far have been number 666. Weird, huh?

12. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

omg. Wreybies I totally just realized your number is 313 and so is my dad's. Creepie XD

13. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Totally weird! My lucky number is 11 (it was my softball number), and my favorite color is green.

Also, The Number 23. Not a great movie, but relevant to the topic.

14. Wreybies

Yes, and it is yet another perfect example of the bizarre way that this number follows me! It's totally asking to be the title of a book. The number even kinda looks kool....

By Wrey Fuentes​

15. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

I dont really have a thing with numbers in everyday life. except 80% of the time when i look at a clock, its always like 11:11 or 2:22, 3:33 etc etc

tuned in a guess.

16. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Sounds like a really bad movie... oh wait. That's right, The Number 23. haha :p

17. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

hahaha, I was so thinking that ^ But, in my house, the number seven. My locker number 511. 5+1+1=7. My other locker (yes, I have two.) is 277. My sister's volleyball number is 77. It shows up everywhere.

Ex. This is the 17th post in this thread. :)

18. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

My first place had the address 14a, then I moved into 1/411, currently living in 1/14.

*shrugs*

19. jman1217

jman1217 New Member

I find that the number 6 appears a lot in my life. My grandfather wore number 6 when he played hockey. My number is 12 (6x2), my brother's number was 39 (9-3=6), my cousin also wears number 6, and I also once wore number 24 (2+4=6). It also shows up in my birthday, June 28 (June=month 6 and 8-2=6). Also, if you add up all of the letters in my name, you get 15 (1+5=6). I know i'll eventually find it somewhere else as well.

20. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Ok, I’m having number problems and its rather….freaking me out!

I’ve got the curse of the 444!!

Maybe in the last 2 weeks I’ve seen 444 on the clock maybe at least 14-18 of the 28 chances….now you could say “How often do you look at the clock and so forth” but I only look at the clock maybe 5 or so times a day, and that’s usually when the girlfriend is or should be home at 9…

And when I look to see its 444, its not like, oh whets the time… I just look and see it.

Until the other day I didn’t care, it was just random, but the other day I had to take painkillers for a major headache, when suddenly I woke up and looked at the clock (I just sat up and looked) and it was 4:44pm! Than slept for another 5 hours.

Maybe its just the subconscious, but its rather … making me think, which is just insane.

21. Vertz

Vertz New Member

I personally don't have any weird experiences with numbers, although my favorite is 13 (just to go against the flow). I was thinking back to what some people said about Reagan when he was President: "ANTI-CHRIST!!!!" His full name, Ronald Wilson Reagan, has 6 letters in each name. 666. Proof that the apocalypse has already happened....

22. Milady

Milady Active Member

13 has been one of my lucky numbers in every fortune cookie I've ever recieved... *shrug*

23. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

I realized this a while ago: there are 7 months and 7 days in between my sister's and my birthday. 7 is the obsession in our house.

24. Firefly

Firefly Member

I seem to notice the number 748 a lot. I suppose it's because that was one of the battalions my dad was in while he was in the Army. 748th Military Intelligence Battalion, Alamo Station. We have a mug with those words on it, but that's not the only place I see it.

And I also notice 531 quite often. I guess it might be because that's my birthday. The thirty-first day of the fifth month. May 31, 1991. And also the other way around, 315.

And this might be a bit off-topic, but my cousin is one year, one month and one day older than me.

25. Emerald

Emerald New Member

Heh, when I hear 313 I think of Eminem:
    "Everyone in the 313, get your mother****ing hands up and follow me!"

313 is the area code for Detroit, Michigan.