1. Justin Rocket 2

Justin Rocket 2 Contributor Contributor

Novel Written order

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by Justin Rocket 2, Oct 1, 2015.

Do you tend to write your novel in the same order the customer will read it?

2. Aled James Taylor

Aled James Taylor Contributor Contributor

I write in a very chaotic order. I partially plan my work by writing a series of a few section titles. Then I partially fill in the some of the gaps between some the tiles with some text, as I feel inspired to. Reviewing what I've written is a frequent activity. I might delete titles, add new ones, and change the order of the sections. Then I do all those activities again, but in a different order.

3. Ralph Gnarlsford

Ralph Gnarlsford New Member

I write most of my story chapters in order from the start and adding the next chapter as time goes on. I might write a chapter that comes chronologically before the start of the story but explains something that happened in the past but I haven't done that yet.

I am working on one story right now where I got an idea for a chapter that takes place three chapters ahead of where I am in writing the story. I'm getting so much joy from that portion of the story that I've gone ahead and am writing that chapter now rather than waiting for the earlier ones to be done first. I'm having a great time doing it and it's pointing at things that will be part of at least one of the earlier chapters.

Catrin Lewis likes this.
  4. Thom

Thom Active Member

Usually have an idea of major story moments, but I tend to right it from first to last page.