1. KateEnglund

KateEnglund Member

writting from two perspectives can you warm to the characters?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by KateEnglund, Nov 30, 2011.

Hi sorry i havent written on here for a while I've been quite busy. But I've got a quick question. When writting my first book would it be ok to write from two peoples perspective? would the reader be able to warm to both people? I have already written quite alot and I can warm to my characters but thats because I know them both. I know in the book 'we need to talk about kevin' was done like that but they wrote letters to eachother didnt they? (I read the book quite a while ago and cant remember and have since leant it to a friend and never got it back). It is my first 'book' but I am finding it easier to write this way. Thanks for any replies Kate x

2. Trish

Trish I've been deleted.. again Contributor

In one of my WIP's I am writing from the perspective of two characters. They're not people, but I haven't had any complaints so far that either character is difficult to warm to (and quite a few people have read a bit of it so far). I suppose it depends on how you do it.

3. Show

Show Contributing Member Contributor

I see no reason why you can't warm to both. Like anything else, it depends on how it's done.

4. TheSecretKeeper

TheSecretKeeper New Member

I also say you should go for it. There is a book in my hand right now called The Clockwork Three, and it's written from the perspective of three different characters, and I had no trouble warming to all three of them. It's actually a good book.

Just so long as the characters are likeble by the reader, them I think it will work out fine.

5. sirkeystone

sirkeystone New Member

I have done this many times with no complaints. In fact, I do it to keep one perspective from becoming to bland.

6. FoxPaw

FoxPaw Senior Member

This puts an interesting spin on, "There are two sides to every story."

But yeah, go ahead and give it a shot. As long as both characters are fleshed out well then people shouldn't have a problem warming up to both.

7. TerraIncognita

TerraIncognita Aggressively Nice Person Contributor

I don't see why not. There's lots of books where there's multiple povs. It makes it interesting to see it from different perspectives.