Wui

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by seta, Aug 15, 2009.

1. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

Hehe...nice disclaimer wrey. :) I'm sure no one here actively uses any cannabis products while writing. That's the story and we're sticking to it. We all know cannabis makes people crazy, sick, depraved, wild, and violent. So it's BAD. But alcohol is ok as long as you're over 21, because those three years between 18 and the night of yoru 21st birthday made such a difference in maturity.

And alcohol is ok even though it makes people into horny, violent, belligerent, falling down vomiting and laying in it fools...right.

If I had a choice between a stoner or a drunk driving me home...I'd take the stoner any day.

I'm also a proud supporter of decriminalizing cannabis. The feds should have a permit for personal carry, renewable every year for like $200. Any person who has the permit can have up to 2 oz for personal use. Sellers would have tax stamps and licenses just like tobacco and alcohol, and growers would also have to be regulated. Strains would have to be categorized by the FDA and approved for growth. They would also have to inspect it for chemical treatments and cutting in of other illegal illicit drugs. IT would make it safer for people to smoke, not having to worry if your dealer is cutting it with crystal meth or cocaine. I've known enough stoners who have had that happen...I live in Vermont, a good chunk of the old hippy population came here, so population wise there are a lot of cannabis smokers here.

Why do so many great writers feel the need to use drugs and alcohol...for that matter look at music and other art forms... most of the great ones were blasted out of their minds most of the time. Why is that? Because the inner demons that made them such geniuses also drove them mad.

I think to be a great writer you have to be just a touch crazy. Unfortunately for me, I ran out of crazy a few years ago.

2. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

I have to throw in my favorite line from J. Langro. "If you really set down to write, you'll end up meeting yourself. THE REAL YOU, without any of that bull**** we all like to hide behind. If that doesn't drive you to drink, nothing will."

3. seta

seta New Member

I like that. I spent 4 years doing absolutely nothing with my life, so I learned to deal with myself already. It's a common Buddhist concept "Learn to sit with yourself and you can sit with anything"