Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

X-Men RP Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by S-wo, Jan 30, 2009.

This is where all discussions and questions about my X-Men RP are to be made. Thank you.

2. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Okay.
    I'm totally joining this one, but I have a few questions.

How many X-Men are allowed?

Who are the Brotherhood because they seem kinda like on the side of justice if they want to protect the Mutants? Or do they have another thought?

What kind of abilities are we allowed, I know two abilities tops, but what kind of abilities would be acceptable?

[Like I'm contemplating on a character who accidentally absorbs energy from lights and the sun itself and releases it into burst sometimes.
    Or someone who can make their hair and nails grow out longer and turn into steel.
    Or someone who can freeze people in jewels.]

Would a character just learning how to control their abilities be all right?

Can we take names from other comics as our codename?

[Like I totally want to be Freakshow, or use the name Freakshow.
    Or I will use something else too.
    I just love the name Freakshow. lol even now. Freakshow]

Thank you for answering my queries.

3. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Well these are supposed to be new original X-men, you can use characters' names from other comics, I just prefer them not be from any existing or previous X-men. Any power is allowed as long as you have some sort of limitation or weakness to it. You can even have an ability that alters reality, for say a child was hungry and he just wished for a hot dog and it appears, but there has to be a flaw to balance that, like every time he uses it, he starts bleeding a lot or unleashes demons from another world that attacks anybody.

As for the Brotherhood, they're entirely for helping mutants, but they will try to stop any mutants that attempts to help a human.

Edit: About five or six are allowed from the start, but if people want to enter after we have already started then I can make arrangements for them to enter when we've come to a point that a mission might end or if we might need reinforcements for the mission.

4. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I know know.

Can I have a character that has an been possesed by an alien symbiont?

Like Venom from Spiderman.
    lol!
    I think I'm to excited for mutants and powers.

5. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

Let me put it this way: do we have to be one of the original X-men/Brotherhood? Or can we import from, let's say, the SHIELD universe?

6. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

To Leaka, yeah you can have a symbiote just give the powers limitations. To Commongoods, this is an X-men RP so all of us are playing as our own originally created X-men, though my character was inspired from another work, but still. the thing I was talking about for Brotherhood, was that people can make suggestions about members of the new brotherhood that we'll meet. I'm accepting only one entry per member though. I'll be creating the leader and another one.

7. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

How about a denial ability?

You deny everyone's power and so they can't use their abilities on you.

The limitation would be that physically they were weak, one punch and they would be out or hit them with a pipe or anything and they would just gone, done, just a piece of rubbery goo. [Exaggeration and metaphor]

Edit: I really have to many ideas.

8. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

You mean something like the Haitian's ability from Heroes or Leech from the Murlocks? That would be fine and the ability itself is its own flaw, because in order for the team to be able to accomplish anything, they would have to separate themselves from the character and if that character got hurt badly then the only way he could get restored is by going to a hospital if there was a healer in the team.

9. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I have to many ideas S-WO.

I can't decide :(

lol!
    I think I got to excited.

10. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Well, try to go with whatever seems to resemble yourself most, or the idea that you think is most creative.

11. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I'm going with the alien symbiont.:)

Edit: Hope Mellona is okay.

12. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Suggester Brotherhood Member

Name: Micheal Venom Scot [It's Mike-l....not Me-chel]

Codename: The Control

Height: 5'
    Mascot: No
    Appearance: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c216/Shounenaiordie/Anime%20Guys/anime178.jpg
    Mutant Abilities: Denial, basically he denies all abilities. Meaning you can't use your abilities on him.
    Limits & Weaknesses: Denial doesn't limit in physical abilities. Meaning you can punch him, hit him, and he'll go down easily

Bio: Micheal V. Scot lived a quiet life. Or a somewhat quite life. He was part of the Mutant Scare when he was 13. The military were rounded up all mutants or people with abilities. A year ago he was given the opportunity of helping out the Mutants. The brotherhood contacted him and he accepted their offer.

Personality: For the most part Micheal is quiet, doesn't say much, he is calm, and a little obsessives over the little things. Micheal also has a bit of an insane personality, borderline reckless as times. And with his abilities that may not be the greatest of ideas.

13. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

Just a quick question; do we have to make a character for both brotherhood and X-men?

14. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

I don't think so.

15. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

No you don't have to make a suggestion for a Brotherhood character, the option's just there if you want it, but I will be controlling that character. To Leaka for your character you said it doesn't limit in physical abilities, so someone with Super Strength wouldn't be affected? Also can he cancel out other powers that are not of genetic mutation like your X-men character? I would also like some info on his personality.

16. zorell

zorell New Member

When do we start?

17. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

I want at least one more person before we begin, but if you think we can go ahead now, I'll post my first post in about ten minutes or so.

18. zorell

zorell New Member

Since you are missing two of the people who signed on, maybe you shouldn't, I just have little ppatience:redface: Sorry, I think this will be fun and I want to get to it:D

19. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

All he can do is: If you want to throw lightning at him nope, if you want throw a fireball can't do that either, want to use some telepathy on him, nope.
    Want to punch him sure thing he'll get knocked out right off the bat.
    So Super Strength easily works on him. Physical things like punching, kicking, biting, picking him up and throwing effect him.
    Things like powers fireball, lightning, telepathy, etc. don't.

And I will add on his personality.

20. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

zorrell I had a question about your character concerning her Beacon. Is it just a more powerful form of her regular self, or does it give her super strength in addition to her other powers?

21. zorell

zorell New Member

:d
    :d

22. zorell

zorell New Member

Why won't it let me do that :eek:

:D
    :D

23. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Here are the maps for the police departments. We're using the same for both of them. This is to help you all give a better feel for when you're in the building as I won't personally won't be going in with you since someone has to watch the students.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/S-wo/dwntnmapg.jpg
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/S-wo/dwntnmapb1.jpg

Edit: don't worry about the ??? I just didn't know what to put there. Consider it an empty room.

24. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Can we have a rough estimate of the square footage? Just for reference, it's no big deal.

25. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Oh man, I'm not good on determining measurements. Let's just say that the basement is small and the ground floor is big.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.