X-men The New Generation

Discussion in 'Archive' started by S-wo, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

“Yes but-” Matilda begins to say when suddenly Mellona walks into the room and interrupts by asking “So, whose butt our we going to kick today?”

She ignores his question and turns back to William.

“Yes William, but I doubt that the police would want our help and that is not the least of the troubling news I’ve come across. Last night while I was at a club, I witnessed some suspicious activity.”

As Matilda describes the scene, remembers a large, dark nightclub filled with a hundred people and lights of all colors flashing about.

“There were two men were sitting at a table not far from me, with a couple of other women that were wrapped around them. A man had approached them with a bleeding hand. He scared the women a bit. It was rather loud in there, but I caught a few of their words.”

“The man with the bleeding hand said something about a friend being thought of suspicion and I heard one of the other men say they were going to blow a place up. That naturally got me a bit worried and when the two men pushed the women out of the way and got up to walk into a hallway at the corner of the room, I followed. I made sure to go about carefully and quietly. As I turned into the headed hallway, I saw the three men go around the corner. When I followed after them I saw a door shut on the right. I thought it would be unwise to listen right outside the door, so I entered a bathroom that was just beside it. Inside I walked up to the wall that was closest to the next room and I concentrated to hear the thoughts of the men.”

“Damn, they got you good!” thought one of the men.

“What the hell were you thinking man!?” said another.

“They seemed like they were on to me. I thought I was going to be arrested, that’s why I pulled out my gun and shot them” said the third.

“But did they touch you or say that you were under arrest?”said the second man..

“No, but their tone of voice- ahhh!”

“Bull s h it! If you thought they were going to arrest you, you run for it, don’t shoot them. By pulling out your gun you gave them a good reason for them to put that bullet in your gut! It was a good thing that I found you when I did. They didn’t know for sure that you did it right?”

“I don’t know.”

There is a ten second pause.

“Man, I can’t believe this. None of this wouldn’t have happened if you were a lot more careful. Patch, you going to fix him up?”

There is silence.

“Oh sh it, he’s dead.” said another man.

“Dead?” said the other, “He can’t be, he was just fine a minute ago.”

“Check his pulse then.”

“Damn, he is. S hit! We’re out of another guy. Uh uh, I’m not having this. This is the last time these f ucking humans have f ucked with us. I’m going to call her tonight and we’re going to get this s hit settled. Let’s see how these humans will do when we blow up their police department!”

A door opens and shuts. Matilda stands there for a few seconds, taking all of the information in. Suddenly, the bathroom door opens.

“What the hell!?”

Standing there is one of the men from the table. He stares at Matilda with wide eyes and his grizzled unshapely black beard twitches slightly.

“This is the men’s bathroom!” He said.

“Oh, sorry I just saw a bathroom and walked into it,” Matilda replied.

“The women’s further down the hall on the left,” said the man.

“Thank you,” said Matilda and she rushed out.

2. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

William suddenly felt a new craving to go clubbing, but refrained from expressing it; Ms. Wyrmwood was probably already aware of it. Mental sigh, telepaths.

"So, what should we do? Go over there and ask around?" He turned back to his mates. " I don't have anything planned for tonight. Anyone wanna come with me?"

3. zorell

zorell New Member

Llilith jumped at the thought, "Seriously, I could go?!" She didn't get to do anything with her peers unless it was school, or X-men, related. She was standing up now, lookingbetween the headmistress and William. "Can we?"

4. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

"Yes, but before any of you jump to any conclusions, we have to make preparations for this. I used Cerebro earlier today to find those men, and I found out that they are planning to blow up both police departments in Winchester, tonight at 10:00. Some of their reactions bothered me, and I am unsure if they killed the senator or not, but the matter of the fact is that we have to stop this bombing. We could call the police department and warn them, but I do not believe that that would be enough. Mutants are planning to bomb to them, so they do not know what to expect, but we do. I want you all to rest and give this situation some thought. I will be making another trip to Cerebro to make sure that nothing changes. We are a small team, but if we act intelligently and efficiently, we will be able to stop both bombings. I will give you all maps on our return. We will meet at the X-men conference room in the basement at 9:00, be there in your uniforms!"

5. sprb_skrbblz

sprb_skrbblz Active Member

Quentin's face turned serious as the information was relayed to him. He was always serious before a mission. He would have no trouble getting into the club, whether it was the easy way or hard way they needed to employ to gain entry.

William had an almost blank look upon his mask before asking if anyone was interested in going clubbing. He was nearly eighteen, but he had an opportunity to go clubbing tonight, and it was considered work. Llilith expressed her interest in going, Quentin was also due to speak his being in favor of attending.

"Count me in. Is there a dress code?"

Matilda gave her okay and a little bit more information concerning the assignment. She told them to meet at the X-Men conference room. Quentin nearly laughed when she told him about involving the local law enforcement units. Their competence was practically non-existent. A sigh instead was etched where the aforementioned chuckle would have gone. By the end of Matilda's second speech, Quentin realized that they weren't actually going to the club, but to the police department. "Figures," Quentin thought. He quickly tried to dismiss the idea before his mentor could read his mind.

"So given their conversation, I assume we're allowed to take them down immediately?"

6. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Does this mean we are kicking people's butts?" Mellona asked, "If not I'm not interested."
    Mellona stared absently at the carpet. He liked this carpet a nice carpet. Then he smiled.
    "Unless you give me the carpet,"

7. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

"What are you talking about Mellona, and we're being as irenic as possible. We will only use force as a last result. Remember, we're X-men. I'll see you tonight," said Matilda.

She rose from her chair with the textbook in her hand and walked past Mellona. She stops suddenly outside the door.

"Oh, and please don't use the Danger Room by yourself anymore. No one knows when it might start malfunctioning," she said without turning around and she continued walking off.

8. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

William waited for a few seconds until she was comfortably far.

"So, we just have to get here at 9. You guys still up for that club?" There was a legitimate reason he wanted to go the club: He had been far too busy in the past few weeks to party. Also, bartenders know everything. It's a fact. They just do.

9. sprb_skrbblz

"Yea, I'm in. We could use a good time right about now."

He looked at Llillith and smirked.

"We all could."

10. zorell

zorell New Member

Llilith watched Wrymwwod walk out, wondering who she was talking about/to?

Her mind quickly raced through what she had to do before nine as well as what she should be wearing by nine, but she lost concecentration at that look. That was an odd look Quentin gave her....on par with him, yes, but odd nonetheless. "Um, yea-uh, I'm up for going to the club?" She said the words slowly, her mind still wrapping it around that odd look.

11. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Hours pass and it is roughly nine PM. Matilda sits waiting at in the X-men conference room still in her lab coat and sweater. About six headsets are set on the table before her. She twiddles her thumbs looking up at the clock above the door. Five minutes until nine.

12. zorell

zorell New Member

The first thing Llilith did after the briefing was write down that quote she had read earlier, she would need it later and was not going to let the discovery slip away. Then she attacked her hair, it was hard styling your hair when you were apt to sit on it for its length. She pulled it all into a beanie cap, allowing her bangs to hang from the front and down to her waste. Looking in her mirror, she glared at her glasses, she would love so much to get rid of them, but no set of contacts could ever handle what these suckers did for herl; and her first Rayz would probably melt them in her eyes. That was not a pleasant thought.

She pulled on her most comfortable pair of dark blue jeans and flattering black top before slipping the blue jacket on once more. Loooking around, she smiled, satisfied, before locking her door and heading back to the conference room where Wrymwood waited.

"H'lo again," she smiled and made herself comfortable leaning against the wall.

13. sprb_skrbblz

Quentin took his usual seat in the conference room. A creature of habit, he stuck to his guns as they worked plenty times before. Llilith was already there, as was Ms. Wyrmwood. He had a bag of popcorn that he was putting the finishing touches on before the meeting started.

He tossed the balled up bag in the trashcan like only the most elite pros can. He gave Llilith a smile. Then he turned to Matilda and gave her a more serious attentive gaze. They were waiting for William and Mellona to arrive so the meeting can take place.

14. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

William was playing with a hackey sack on his bed when his alarm rang rather loudly. He was still kinda down from his trip to the club. As it turns out, clubs are most decidedly not fun during the day time. Still, the alarm suggested he had to be some-- OH HECK, he had to make a run for it, a meeting was just about to take place. He didn't even bother to close the door behind him as he ran off to the meeting room.

He arrived, gasping and panting, to the door of the meeting room. He didn't enter immediately, he pulled himself together, stopped panting, fitted his gloves and jacket, and entered slowly, without hurry, as to avoid suspicion.

"Hey, guys." He said as he took a seat right next to Quentin, who smelled of popcorn, and tried to pretend he wasn't out of breath.

15. zorell

zorell New Member

Quentin was giving her that look again...it unsettled her in its abnormalty...

"What could he be trying to say? Is he just smiling? Probably just smiling, " she thought to herself as she absently smoothed her bangs to the side of her face. She was prepared to ask him what exaxtly he was trying to say, but William came in, panting subtly.

"Hullo," she said to him with a smile.

16. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

"All right, we are still waiting for Mellona to show up" said Matilda. "But I believe we should go over the plan now. When he comes you all can fill him in on what we missed. I took another visit at Cerebro and found out the time hasn't changed for their attack. They are still going to meet at both police stations at 10. They will be going in two black sudans and their plan is to distract the officers with a fake distress call while they're making their way to the stations. They are planning to plant the bombs in the departments' basements. We will dispatch you into two teams. William, when you come in contact with them, immediately take them out and want you to dispose of any explosives that they have on them. If the police gets involved put them out of the way, but do not kill them. We do not hurt the innocent. Are there any questions?"

17. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Mellona walked into the room, late as usual. But he was taken a nap, did she expect him to ruin his sleep just for something as boring as this? Maybe that was the alien speaking and not him whatever.
    "So yeah cool....who wants to be my partner?" Mellona said acting as if he heard everything when truth was he came in catching only a few words of Matilda's.

18. zorell

zorell New Member

Llilith knew she didn't actually want to be around Mellona, his little symbient leech had a tendency of being a toal wadjob, but she also knew that nobody else would volunteer for the same reason. Pulling off her glasses and polishing them, she spoke up, "I can be your partner, unless the leech has a problem with it."

She replaced the glasses and looked at Mellona, daring him to say no.

19. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Name: Rob Landow
    Codename: Shadow Psych
    Height: 5’ 10 3/4"
    Appearance:Teenager, always wearing black, even wears ragged cloaks and sunglasses, to conceal his features and instill fear into his enemies. A Rune is magically grafted onto his back.
    Mutant Abilities: Shadow Manipulation
    Limits & Weaknesses: UV Light Rays and no shadows

The darkness always surrounds this boy, creating an aura that scares anyone and everyone. The darkness is his territory and he's even survived an encounter with Oblivion itself. He can create certain weapons and armor, and even create clones. There is also something within him that gives greater strength, only this occurs within desperate situations.

Bio: Born in New Hampshire, he had a pretty good life, a family, friends, a good education. Everything changed though after one night while walking home from a friend's house he was mugged. While being beaten up he manipulated the shadows and fought back. He knew a normal life was no more, and he had to go into hiding. He stays in the background, within the shadows, and the light is his true enemy. While on nightly walks he was found by the good doctor, who took him in and trained him to use his powers. Now as a part of the X-Men he wishes to defend the weak and fight his enemies. He mainly keeps to himself, but the team is his family and cooperates easily enough. He's normally caught overhearing conversations.

20. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Mellona licked his lips and smiled. He gave a laugh and stared at her.
    "We have no objections," Mellona said.
    He gave her another smile this time baring his teeth a little.

21. zorell

zorell New Member

Her mother had taught her to respect those woth more years than she, or she would have flipped Mellona off. She settled for a very pissed gaze, one that became two small, concentrated beams of light. She aimed for it toes, hoping to burn his shoes and make him dance.

22. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Pretty girly watch those pretty lights or someone may take your eyes out," Mellona said with a cackle.
    Mellona stared at her with a wide smirk almost half grin that showed his teeth off like fangs.

23. zorell

zorell New Member

That comment, and that "smile" collaborated on being her last straw, she extended her finger and stuck out her tongue. "Well, maybe somebody should learn to bite his tongue and the lights will play nicely."

Llilith nodded to Wyrmwood and picked up a copy of one of the maps nefore brushing past Mellona, "Common already," she huffed as their shoulders brushed.

24. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

This is on a sidenote, but am I allowed to play yet, or do I have to wait for approval?

25. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Little girl gots a pissy attitude....better not piss all over herself," Mellona said with a cackle.
    He followed the girl wherever she may go, but all he really wanted to do was turn the girl topsy turvy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.