1. oiiiiiiiiio

oiiiiiiiiio New Member

yellow!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by oiiiiiiiiio, Apr 13, 2016.

Hi!

I'm a new person here. I am incredibly shy so do forgive me if my introduction is somewhat awkward.

Actually, my shyness is the whole reason my friend suggested this forum to me in the first place. I can never seem to get constructive criticism on my writing because I am too afraid to show it to anyone. I have a stack of stories collecting dust in the back corner of my hard drive.

A quick bio: I'm Bill, 22 years old almost 23. I live in San Francisco, California. I am not normal but I cannot tell why. All I know is that I do not fit in anywhere no matter how hard I try. I have never fit in anywhere in my whole life. This used to depress me to no end but I am starting to get accustomed to it. I am a spectral figure. I like to express myself idiomatically and in terms of symbols. I like to visit Hollywood because the evil seeps up from between the cracks in the pavement. I like spending time in profoundly evil places for the same reason I like watching scary movies or having nightmares.

Anyway, enough about me.

This seems like a supportive community of competent literates, so I thought I might take a whack at participating in the group. I write a lot of short fiction and prose, but am currently trying to formulate ideas for a novella or even perhaps a full-length novel. My writing style draws heavily from Fyodor Dostoevsky, William S. Burroughs, Mary Shelley, Charles Bukowski, and Kurt Vonnegut. These are my biggest influences and some of my favorite authors. Other favorites include William Faulkner, Ralph Ellison, Herman Melville, Albert Camus, Louis-Ferdinand Celine, Flannery O'Connor, and Diogenes. Diogenes is my absolute #1 favorite philosopher and I strive to live my life according to his wise teachings. My favorite book that I have read so far is probably Crime and Punishment. Pretty much like any writing that is good. Not a picky eater over here. One exception to this is contemporary poetry. I am trying very hard to keep my mind open to the poetry of nowadays but it just seems dead as a genre. Maybe you guys can change my mind by showing me your awesome things!

Nice to meet y'all,

See you around the forum!

B

Kate Sen likes this.
  2. Cnayur

Cnayur Member

Hey there,

Like yourself I'm new. You have some very interesting literary idols. As a contemporary poet however, I sincerely hope that you're wrong about us being dead. ;) Happy writing co-operation!

3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Now me. I'm all happy clappy sweetness and light, with never a dire or scary thought in my pink cotton-candy brain. But welcome to the forum! :)

4. Etcetera

Etcetera New Member

Hello Bill. Nice to meet you, I'm Cassidy.

What is it about contemporary poetry that doesn't play your fiddle?