1. Jarrett

Jarrett New Member

Yet another new member here, whattup? =^)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jarrett, Feb 4, 2014.

Hello,

I'm Jarrett and I'm a mechanical engineering student that just happens to like writing. I've always been into writing as a way to get all of the crazy that goes on in my warped little mind out of my head (well, okay, SOME of it, there's really no outlet for the desire to see a baked potato with arms and legs and a mustache dancing on his flying green rake on Mars with bad electronic music playing in the background, but you get the point). While I've always liked it and I've been published in a political newspaper (don't want to go into detail on this one), I'd like to get at least one book on the shelves at some point in my life.

I decided that this would be a series of five young adult/new adult war novels that stemmed from an idea I couldn't contain, and it's worked beautifully. In a nutshell, the books are about a secret sixth branch of the American military made up of teenagers with psychic and telekinetic abilities that end up in a war against the Illuminati. It has five main characters and each of them has a little bit of my personality in them. It's been fun, all five have manuscripts, I'm just working on editing. The series is called The Lightning War as of now but that name could very well change (a few weeks ago I found that I need to change a character's name) and it's been in the works on and off for about four years now. I want to get the first book published short term, followed by the other four shortly after.

On that note, I was just wondering if there were any tips for this forum (I'm on a lot of forums, but very few of them are writing) and particularly, are there limits as to what kind of writing can and can't be discussed here? I saw nothing about it when I read the forum rules but I was wondering because the Lightning War books are written to be really violent and graphic to provide an uncensored look at the horrors of the war. I just wanted to make sure I didn't become that new guy that shows up and breaks all the rules.

Thanks in advance, and I'm anxious to meet all of the wonderful people in this community! :)

2. maidahla

maidahla Active Member

Wow. Hey welcome. Cool ideas already!

3. ShadowFane2019

ShadowFane2019 New Member

Hey! Your books sound amazing! I'd love to read them. :)