1. Arannir

Arannir Active Member

"You have insufficient privileges to post here"

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Arannir, Jan 23, 2014.

I would like to post on a workshop board but I receive either two different messages.

The one above replaces the "Post Thread" button whilst the other "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action" happens once I press it.

Can someone please clarify why this is happening to me? If I have done anything wrong, I accept these charges but I'd like to know what I've done wrong.

Thanks,
    Arannir.

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I can't say for sure, but it might be that you haven't completed at least two constructive critiques of other people's work. You've been a member long enough, and you have enough posts, but I don't see at least two constructive critiques. You have to do that before you can post a new thread in the Writing Workshop.

I could be wrong about that - it's probably not something that's under software control. Others have sometimes had trouble posting new threads there, too. Wait a day or two and try again - it might fix itself. If it doesn't, we can talk to Daniel about it.

3. Arannir

Arannir Active Member

4. minstrel

You need two critiques for each new work you put in the Writing Workshop. Have you posted anything there before?

As I say, I'm not really sure if this is the issue. Other members have sometimes had trouble posting in the Workshop after having fulfilled all the requirements. If the problem persists, and you have fulfilled the requirements, we'll have to take it up with Daniel.

5. Arannir

Arannir Active Member

I've had one piece in there reviving defiantly more than two critiques.

Edit- Just had a look, pressed the new thread" button and voila. I can start a thread.

I'm quite puzzled by this...

6. minstrel

Yeah, it's a bit weird, and not very consistent. Good luck! :)

7. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I finally figured out the cause for this. If you've met all the requirements but still can't post in the workshop, it's because the XF software hasn't upgraded your user group.

The way upgrades works is it runs a cron job at certain times every hour. If you aren't logged in to your account at that time, it won't upgrade you. If you are logged in, it should fix the issue. I'm trying to get around this.

I've just changed it to run every 5 minutes every hour. Hopefully this won't be to server-intensive, but it should fix the issue I hope.

minstrel likes this.
  8. minstrel

Big thanks, @Daniel! Good to know the problem is understood. :)