1. Zane Night

Zane Night New Member

You may call me, Zane Night

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Zane Night, May 21, 2014.

Hello everyone!
    My pen name is Zane Night.
    After a year of keeping a journal (not a diary!). I've realized how much I enjoy writing.
    I find any story of the genres adventure-romance-comedy-fantasy to be interesting.
    The past two years I've become interested in manga/anime.
    Hence, the Sword Art Online pic.
    I've always wanted to write my own fiction-fantasy story for quite some time but never knew what to write about.
    Then-- today it hit me all at once:
    Shinji--Samurai In-Training

Shinji, a young samurai in-training, is lying atop the family dojo star gazing. “The way of the sword,” he thought repeating the words Ojii-san instilled in him over the years, “requires a focused mind, as hate can blind the most skilled swordsman. Never allow your heart to be taken by the dark, Shinji.”

He held up his practice wooden sword against the star lit night sky.

“Ojii-san—.” He paused.

“Even if you’re not standing next to me, I know you will stay in my heart. Ojiisan, I’ve decided to continue my training. I’ll become a swordsman you would be proud of, I promise”.

At that moment, unknowingly to Shinji. A beam of light shot through the sky overhead in a downward arc. His life was about to change.
    [To Be Continued]
    Feel free to comment below! :)

2. Zane Night

Zane Night New Member

Oh! Before I forget. Feel free to let me know what you think of the short story beginning I posted above.
    I can't wait to hear everyone's feedback on it! :)
    --Or... in worst case scenario-- if someone could point me in the right direction of where to submit it for feedback.
    (I have a habit of getting lost XD)
    Thank you! :)

3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, Zane Night, and welcome to the forum! Please read the New Member Quick Start Guide, participate, and have fun.

Sorry, but you will have to wait a bit (two weeks) before you can submit work for critique here. That and the other rules we have are explained in the link I just gave. Don't worry about it, though. This is a great forum for writers and there's plenty to do and read and see and be part of before your own work gets critiqued.

Enjoy!