1. Snoopingaround

Snoopingaround Banned

Dreams and Their Meanings

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Snoopingaround, Sep 12, 2014.

I saw this woman 2 nights ago in my dreams. It was one of those dreams that I had to jot down on scrap paper because it was so real. That evening after work, I came home ate dinner and looked up some pictures on the internet. She reminded me of this actress (Jennifer Connelly), but even more beautiful. In the dream, she was standing in front of me, maybe five feet away. I looked into her eyes and she whispered to me, but I couldn't hear what she was saying. She was wearing a black robe. Underneath the robe she was naked. There was a full moon. I was in a wilderness area at night. It was cold. The soil underneath me was moist. I could see her pale skin in the moonlight. I saw her face and she turned away, talking to the air. I could hear her say my name a few times. I could feel that she was looking for me, but she couldn't see me. I was trying to explain that I was right there with her, but she couldn't hear me either. It was like she was blind and deaf to me, but could see everything else. She was just kept walking away from me, deeper into the forest. In the forest there was dark, mysterious lake. There were women swimming there that looked like demonic zombies. She walked past the scary lake, further into the dark forest. I chased after her trying to find her. I got lost for a while, running, trying to find her. I saw her again, walking down a trail. I ran down the hill to get to the trail where she was. I got behind her. There was a big wolf standing next to her. But I didn't care. I ran up to her, grabbed her shoulder. She was about to turn and face me. Then the wolf jumped and attacked me, biting me in the face. Then I woke up. What does this dream mean, if anything?

2. PensiveQuill

PensiveQuill Senior Member

They say animal attacks in dreams are shamanic in nature, the wolf is likely to be your spirit animal. I was once eaten by entire pack of wolves in a dream. It's a very strange sensation to be alive and being consumed at the same time.

But okay, I like dream interpretations so lets have a go. Would have been better if you had posted your emotional state and feelings during this dream as emotion is generally a clearer indication than iconography. The images come from your brain and are particular for you, they could mean anything. If you are gay for example what I'm getting from your imagery will be way off.

Beautiful woman, black robes, nudity, whispers that can't be heard and you chasing after her. Sounds like desire to me. She's saying a name you can't hear and acting as if you aren't there.

A new partner is coming to you, but they are still distant. Watch this space.

Lake full of female zombies. Is it possible there are some relationship train wrecks in your past? Maybe that's what these are.

Big wolf protecting some chick you are chasing through the mire of your ruined love life? The universe doesn't like you trying so hard to find 'her', settle down it will happen when it happens you can't force it.

I can also do a tarot reading on it if you like.

3. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

I could give you a psychoanalytical interpretation, but I'm reluctant because there is no way for anyone who hasn't engaged in therapy with you, to actually know what this dream means. Obviously, there's some very strong symbology in it, so blind interpretation wouldn't be too far off the mark anyway, but by it's nature, may not be for everyone's eyes.

4. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

Aight, riddle me this one, folks:

The backstory:
    When @KaTrian and I were in London a week or so ago, my sister was there with us for some course about angels. Anyway, it occurred to me all the archangels and such I've heard about have been dudes, so I asked my sister if there were any female "warrior-y" angels (like Michael with his flaming sword), and she said she'd ask the teacher the next day. She never got the chance, but the teacher suddenly started talking about that exact subject, and mentioned a female archangel, Haniel, who's sometimes seen as Michael's feminine counterpart, also a warrior.
    I didn't give the subject or angels another thought that day and focused on enjoying the holiday with Kat.

The dream:
    The following night, I had a dream where I was approached by this dainty girl of perhaps 18 with short, pink hair, white pajamas (nothing sexy, btw, just ordinary baggy pants and some sleeveless top), and angel wings growing out of her back. She stepped over to me with this friendly smile, introduced herself as Haniel, and we shook hands. Definitely not how I would've expected her to look.
    She then changed into a 20-30yo woman with long, wavy black hair (looked like a dye job against her complexion), taller, more athletic, in jeans and a black wife beater, and she was more severe, no smiles this time. Still, she too introduced herself to me, saying she was also Haniel, and that that was her 2nd form. The mood was very calm, serene, and, most of all, safe. Then I woke up.

I penned it as a coincidence 'cause my sister mentioned Haniel in passing the previous morning, but I really forgot all about it immediately afterwards, and the dream felt very... well, different: at the same time very realistic and kinda, I dunno, ethereal. I later heard that if an archangel appears in your dream, it's usually to let you know s/he's watching over you. I don't know if it's true or not, but a few huge problems did kinda solve themselves after that, problems I had no idea how to rectify, and suddenly they're fixed, just like that, and all that time I was prepared for hell. So I don't know if Haniel's got my back or not, but I wouldn't mind if she did.

How's that for a weird dream? o_O

jazzabel and Mckk like this.
  5. edamame

edamame Contributor Contributor

Taking a crack at it. =)

@Snoopingaround My guess would be that there is someone you are attracted to that is actually bad for you. They don't "see" you but you still want to be seen. Alternately, this "someone" could be "something" else you want, like a new career or other achievement that you know might not be right for you.

@T.Trian Perhaps she is a reflection of a younger more adventurous you and the more mature person you are now? Although you don't think you are like your previous self, there's still a lot of them in you.

And this is a little off topic, but I like using this site to help interpret my own dreams: http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  6. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

I'm having a problem of having dreams that then turn directly into day dreams where I am fully cognoscente of my actions. The first one of these 'dreams' was a continuation from another dream where I was being recruited through my dreams to be a 'driver' for unmanned fighting robots that would work much like drones, but as on the ground units. Well in the first dream I was somehow special because I could see them like it was a two way mirror and they couldn't disconnect me out of the dream like they were supposed to. That first 'dream' even continuing as I got up and walked around my room, lasted about two and a half hours. This time I knew what was going on and I told them I wasn't interested. The female leader kept pushing me until I did do one of the drills. Then in almost reverse psychology form, she said they didn't want me, I failed for internal reasons. I had to ask what? She went on to say I was dishonest in helping a friend at something that gave them an advantage over other people. I said of course I did, and so did many others, not just because they were my friends, but they spent the most money of anyone else. I then said I'd be honest about whatever issue was raised but the fact is, everyone does something deceitful in their life, and they lie, and they either cheat or think about how they could cheat regardless if they actually take action on it. That's when she said that, that is exactly why she liked me. She then took me through a series of physical challenges and I kept my witty attitude through them until we got to the end. She then offered me the position to lead an army of five thousand unmanned robot soldiers, with one actual person controlling five at a time. So that meant I would have one thousand soldiers of all makes and minds to lead. That's when I told her I thought they should have a better name that gives an acronym, Automatized Army Robot Soldier Elite, or AARSE for short. That's when I was told someone would be to pick me up in the next week or two. Weird dream especially since it piggy backed another dream I had awhile ago, but the weirdest thing is that the dreams continues for long times even when I'm awake. I can leave my eyes open and see the dream instead of the bedroom. What is also weird is I can talk directly to the people in the dream, out loud, and they would respond to me without hesitation like I was the one answering myself.

I then had a couple more dreams similar to the one above where the dreams continued even after my eyes were open. There were two different LARGE huge collaboration dance scenes. I mean ones that involved like twenty to thirty people. Does dreaming about dance scenes mean I'm gay? :supercute:

7. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

Well dude, are you gay? Dance scenes don't necessary mean that. I believe a dream can mean different things to different people. Do you associate dancing to homosexuality? Don't feel bad if you might, people associate things in their minds to different things. I connect country music to childhood sickness. Why? I'm not sure. But it is what is. It is also okay if you are gay, just in case you needed the reassurance. I can't tell you what that dream means, however it would make for a hell of a sci-fi short story and I would pursue writing it. It could be some sort of divine intervention telling you to write. Is this likely? Hell, I don't know, but probably not. I like to cover all the possibilities just in case though. I wish I could help more. But I want to encourage you to try it as story because it seems interesting and funny in a way (AARSE lol).

Edit: Damn it I meant to respond to the guy ahead of me because I thought he was the original poster. WTF is wrong with me today. Disregard what I said.... unless it helps. Then do whatever. Damn it DAMN it

8. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

It means be careful of wolves or women who have wolves hanging around them. I think it might mean look before you leap in seriousness though. Are you in a romantic relationship, or about to do something different (new job, new people etc). It might be some type of warning that you obviously know subconsciously but have not noticed or have ignored. Whatever it is, it looks very attractive to you, it entices you, it seems wonderful, new, maybe mysterious, but there is a danger to it, so look out. It could be that or it could just be a weird dream...

9. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Nah I'm not gay, though I do, probably wrongly, associated big dance numbers to being something that gay members do and like to watch. Someone hit me with a switch!

10. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Last night I had a string of dreams where I realised I was woefully unprepared for important journeys. For example, in one I realised I was due to fly to South Africa and had to be at the airport in two hours and I hadn't even packed yet. In another I arrived in another country and realised I hadn't made any accommodation plans so I was wandering around trying to find a hotel I could afford.

I don't have any travel plans or important journeys coming up. The worst thing I can be late for is work, where nobody would care if I was late. Any ideas where this subconscious worry is coming from?

11. ADreamer

ADreamer Banned Sock-Puppet

Interesting.

My grandmother, from an old Irish family, has a precognitive ability in her dreams....once she dreamt that a friend she hadn't seen in years had come to say goodbye to her and 2 days later the woman had died peacefully in her sleep. I have the same ability - I can't tell you the number of times I've stopped doing something to think haven't I don't this before. Ironically neither of us do very good in graveyards - grans won't step foot in one even if you paid her a million dollars and I always end up with headaches regardless of the weather or how long I am inside one. Even more odd grans witnessed the old family lab greeting her husband home - dog [14], got up, barked and wagged its tail at nothing but thin air [grandpa had been dead for two years] - and when my aunt died suddenly of bladder cancer I had the oddest sensation [a tingling running the length of the jaw & this sudden urge to just scream that I had to fight otherwise I was going to scare the 'crap' out of my acting colleagues at the time - we were doing a war re-enactment] which I have never had before nor had since on the exact hour of her death. My brother has seen a ghost - glowing blue male figure that walked right through the change room wall and into the gym showers... he and the entire male half of gym class actually - turned out it was likely the ghost of a construction worker that died quite horribly in an accident during the gym's construction.

Reason why I am saying this.

When I was younger I thought I woke up - to this day it may have been just a very vivid dream as my brother can't remember a dang thing - at this god awful noise. Sounded like something was dying. As suddenly as it started it stopped. I'm curious, I get out of bed and go down to the living room cause it has the best view of where the noise was. Once there I look out the back window into this small forested strip behind the house and what is sitting right underneath the large oak tree - a full grown mountain lion. He's just sitting there soaking up the moonlight. There's probably 100 feet between us and a thin pane of glass [the porch was three pieces - 2 body-length 6 foot tall windows and a glass door]. We're starring right at each other for a good 10 minutes and then I decide I got to get someone. So I backtrack to my brother's room, shake him awake, and have him come with me. He can't see this cat despite my continual pointing and then he gets fed up and leaves. When I look back the mountain lion is gone. Or so I'd like to think - many times I've woken with amber eyes sheered into the back of my eyelids.

According to my aboriginal neighbor - and the aboriginals I have worked with in my schooling & profession - the cougar is my totem. I would be quite willing to believe that seeing as when I was 9 years old there was not one but two cougars in this small Rockies town {well a small town right in the Rockies - we had grizzlies as "neighbors" [every year one raided the local camp site] & black bears & elk/deer across the highway all spring / fall long} that took up residence in a tree overlooking the school. Despite myself and a bunch of kids [5 in total] wandering away from the main play area - we were actually right at the back fence, pretty much "on top" of where authorities said the cats camped out - we saw neither hide nor hair of either of these felines and a bunch of dumb kids would have made a tasty snack.

As for the OP's dream - most likely stress. Most animal attacks in dreams are due to stress, intimidation or danger... Or given the rest, as my grans would say, he should lay off the spicy foods [gives you nightmares].

12. nhope

nhope Member Reviewer

meaning: You want something to happen in your life, may even be trying to rush it, but now is not the time. Things are not completely aligned. Be patient.

13. DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse Member

I have dream journalled going back years now, I am astounded what my deranged brain comes up with, some I already have squirreled away in the dregs of my cranium, others I do nor recall at all and marvel and get goosebumps when I read them back.

An intriguing recurrent dream lately originates from when I was caught in a booming and whooping, raucous thunderstorm up on the moors sometime last year, I legged it, leaping over rabbit holes and squelching suction whirlpools to the distant tree line, almost losing my footing and boots amidst the rutted mud funnels embedded in the part of the field I seemed to bypass on my way up. I ended up strolling home down country roads in over a foot of water from the blooming river lol. My brain seems to use this available potent theme as a readymade backdrop sometimes, it usually takes an ominous, spooky undertone to shape around a dream...

An example, three separate occasions I got this peculiar, admirably insistent asian dude from the Saw films who gets offed whilst exploring one of Jigsaw's traps and he has visited my dreams for some obscure reason... at least he lives on vicariously, he plods along. sometimes crawls, in that mediocre dream-logic way, stolidly pursuing me through dewy grass blades and the expanses of dripping silhouetted tree branches, slapping them aside perpetually three inches behind me as I jog in quicksand swiftness, descending through the flustered foliage on the pretense of not wanting to be shocked to merry hell by lightning as I did on the actual authentic memory... and this gormless film freak pursues me...

My brain replays this base memory of being terrified by the sudden surge and spark blasting the clouds aside that day and fits odd or macabre dream scenarios around it, this dude is holding piano wire to stick into my eye... yet he never reaches me, this is only one scenario I experience from this particular memory, but I believe the general crux or psychology behind it is that my head is informing me I ought to go back hiking as I ain't been for a while as I've been very anxious and not been out and about much, my brain wishes me to go back into the woods to explore and maybe fall headfirst into a cave, get struck by lightning or devoured by a furry bear, then it will have a solid reasoning behind my fearful fretting from something as tame as a batch of languid lightning lol.