1. Drayzon

Drayzon Member

Ms. Hall...I love you! ;)

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Drayzon, May 6, 2011.

Have any of you, in your younger years, when you started your writing experience, ever have crushes on your characters?

Sounds weird? not quite. When I was 14, I created a story about a high schoolboy who was getting seduced by his very attractive teacher, but while coming up with her as a character I found myself fantasizing about her and actually wishing she was alive. Mind you I was 14 and my hormones were all over the place, but it was there nonetheless. ;)

For the females, have you ever created a male character that just seemed so dreamy to you and you found yourself wanting to be with him?

Now that I'm older, I look back on these times and laugh and say how young I was. I'm married now, so I only fantasize about one woman. :cool:

But anyway I was just thinking and thought I'd start up some light-hearted conversation. Just want to see if anyone else was weird like me? hehehe LoL :D

1 person likes this.
  2. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

ROFL, that's too funny!

No, not that I'm aware of. I like my characters. I think a couple of past male characters were pretty hot (had they been real) but I never fantasized about them. Maybe because I made them? Other characters from books or that other people have written... that may have happened a time or two ;) Maybe I know too much about my own characters like that they leave their socks on the floor next to the chair.....

3. Leatherworth Featherfist

Leatherworth Featherfist New Member

When I was young I had this strange ongoing story in my head. I would write it out sometimes but I mostly just acted it out. If I am remembering correctly the story was about a guy named Jason (I played Jason, I thought Jason was a cool name back then) and a guy named Dino. Jason was the cool hero type character and Dino was the bully/ villain. I always used to fantasize that I was Jason and I would always get in a fight or competition with Dino (Dino seemed like a bad guy name back then). The story was endless. Dino and I would have racing matches, jumping matches, sword fights, and we would always do it over a girl (who was ever changing depending on the girl I had a crush on in school at the time). Oh ya and we each had a dog. My dog fought his dog. My dog always won, though sometimes I would let him get near defeat and save the day.

So, ya I guess that was strange of me, but I think a lot of people fall in love with characters or want to be characters that they create when they're young. I actually often find myself fantasizing about characters that I make up these days. Actually I fantasize in one way or another about all the characters I make up. I believe that to be pretty normal for a writer.

4. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

I almost have some kind of crush on one of my characters right now, which I guess is even worse since my teen days are long gone, lol.

5. Youniquee

Youniquee (◡‿◡✿) Contributor

LOL.
    no..I haven't. But I've had crushes on other characters xD
    I think 2 of my characters are pretty hot though (and some other people do too) if they were real life...they would be attractive to me lol. But yeah that's about all.
    (I feel weird for exposing my oddness like this lol)

6. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

when I come to think about it, it makes me realize I don't think I ever had a crush on a character from a book i read.

7. Drayzon

Drayzon Member

I thought it'd be a funny topic to talk about. I hope no one feels uncomfortable. Don't be. We can all laugh at our own weirdness. :D I had to laugh at this though...

...funny stuff. LoL:p