1. Rebel Yellow

Rebel Yellow Active Member

Your choice of keyboard

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Rebel Yellow, Mar 31, 2013.

My computer's keyboard is slowly dying on me and I'm considering replacing it. Since most of you write a lot, I wanted to have your opinion on whether I should buy a plain old traditional keyboard, or one that is better suited for the writer.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Use what you are accustomed to.

3. Xatron

Xatron New Member

I use either a Microsoft Wireless 5000 keyboard or a Logitech wireless K350. I find them more relaxing for writing for large periods of time.

4. Sanjuricus

Sanjuricus Active Member

Chiclet style keyboards are generally thought to be easier to type on and result in less typo's...but what Mr Cogito said is the simplest way to put it.
    Oh and steer well clear of so called ergonomic keyboards, there's a reason they don't account for more than a niche percentage of keyboard sales.

5. Xatron

Xatron New Member

True, if a keyboard is marketed as ergonomic what it really means is "scientifically uncomfortable and potentially dangerous for your wrist".

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i use one that has no separate 'calculator' section at the right, so your hand is much closer to your mouse... they're very inexpensive online... my current one cost only about twelve bucks...

i'm at the computer most of the day, every single day, so it's a necessity for me...

1 person likes this.
  7. Rebel Yellow

Rebel Yellow Active Member

Thank you for all the replies.

8. iolair

iolair Active Member

I've used an ergonomic curved keyboard for a decade and hate having to use a flat one - as a dvorak layout touchtypist I find it extremely comfortable. Like most changes, it does take a few weeks to get used to.