1. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Your Favourite Sites!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hulk, Jan 22, 2008.

Which sites do you visit the most(apart from this, of course)? Is it good? If it is, then post it here 'cause it might just be the one which others might need, but don't know of. Also, state what the site is about.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

There are other sites than WF?

Wow...

3. Hulk

Hulk Banned

lol! Banzai, you should seriously put on that dusty shirt and baggy trousers and go out;
    somewhere far from WF to explore the world.

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I was a member of a really great forum other than this one. It was a dark gothic style forum full of wonderous dark, morbid and horrifying things. Met some awesome people there (with very frightening minds I must say) and moderated it since it opened almost.

The forum is gone now due to the members all being busy and away 80% of the time. Though it had the best publisher links you could come across and so many wonderful people and stories from the darker side of life.

Though I loved my time there this is the only site I frequent nowadays. Otherwise I don't use the net for anything other than MSN to talk to various people around the world.

5. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Wish i had a chance to check out that forum. Which site was it, by the way?

6. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

7. Montag

Montag New Member

I do a lot of research and just general browsing on Wikipedia.org, but I'm sure you have all heard of that one. Also a lot of wikisource stuff

The other forum I visit is totse.com, it has forums on anything you want, pets, computers, recycling, politics, money, ect. There's even a writing and poetry forum. Registration is closed, but you can browse the whole site without registering. It runs Vbulliten as well, so you will be familliar with it.

Occasionally I go to gamefaqs.com, which is all about video games, but I don't play games anymore so there isn't much there I can contribute to.

I also frequent a bunch of computer related sites lately, just doing research. Computer stores charge a lot to do stuff to laptops, It's cheaper if I learn myself.

Edit: Oh yeah, some of the stuff and several of the people at totse might be offensive and/or distateful too.

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Evil Raw

9. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

10. lessa

lessa New Member

I don't belong to many sites.
    this one and 3 others but they are fast becoming not visited.
    they are all dealing with fibromyalgia and it is not fun to visit them because everyone complains about being sick and sore with this disease.
    So this is definetly #1.
    sad part is the one site is mine. how is that for disloyalty.
    Dom sent me a site for a comic strip "for better or for worse" a Canadian cartoonist and it has been around for years. Truly family oriented and funny as all get out.

11. Odinschild

Odinschild New Member

Just two other forums that I visit.

TauOnline, a Warhammer 40,000 website and forums mostly dedicated to the Tau. I'm a moderator there.

and the Realm of Dissonance. A project launched by me, and taken way beyond what I expected by everyone who decided to join. We've had some shaky moments, but things seem to be smoothing out nowadays. I'm Co-admin there.

We're always looking for fresh meat writers who want to flex their science fiction muscles in a brand new setting unlike any other (that we know of).

12. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Eh, I mostly use youtube alot because I run a fairly successful video channel there. I also used to like to kill time at sites like newgrounds or flashplayer, but haven't done that in a while.

13. lessa

lessa New Member

I find it amazing the things that are on the computer.
    You can talk to anyone anywhere in the world.
    You can see things that you normally wouldn't.
    You can learn so much.
    I guess it is because I didn't take computer class until I was in grade 10.
    They just were not around until then.
    I didn't do well because it was paper cards that you had to black out the spaces
    for your programs. They bounced around and none of my programs worked.
    I like these computers much better.

14. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hi, lessa, and i agree with you. I have learnt so much through the computer: mainly due to this site, and i'm really grateful to the person who created the Internet.

15. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Non Con

noncon.apegaming.net

Ok, so I promised I'd spread the word of a new site hoping to take off. It is a place to discuss anything, serious debates or random chats, and share your writing, art and music, anything really. The guys are friendly and if you have a spare little time check it out. :)

Heather

16. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

You Tube
    Wikipedia
    GameFAQs

I go to those when the mood suits me. I go to Writers Beat on occasion and I check in on a programming forums every day to see whats going on there. I'd be more active there but I'm not experienced enough of a programmer to be of much help to anyone (yet).

For those of you itnerested ther is: lordofhatsforsupremeruleroftheworld.net/conquer Support me and you may be spared!

17. lessa

lessa New Member

lordofhatsforsupremeruleroftheworld.net/conquer Support me and you may be spared!

Lord, is that blackmail or cohersion?
    either way I will check out your site.
    I am finding such interesting things belonging here.
    Thanks everyone

18. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

19. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

YouTube
    EricJohnson.com
    LovecraftArcive
    Wikipidea
    Sharedtalk
    TauOnline - I like to visit a lot, but never signed up to the fourms.
    SilentHillforums.co.uk

20. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Ditto for youtube, then there's hi5, myspace, orkut, photobucket, other than that:

www.afterwlhp.com(great after harry potter site)
    gURL.com a teen site and community for teenage girls (all teens shuld check this one out!)

There are loads other, but these are the ones I always check out!

21. debbiemc

debbiemc New Member

Strangely enough, I use Yahoo! Answers for some of my article ideas. Questions asked here and there prompt me to ask myself, "yeah, that's right......". For instance....someone asked if they still had their old fondue pot, and that got me thinking if other people kept their old various gadgets and kitchen wares; and me taking inventory of mine from years back. TA! DA! An article was born for me on my blog.

D.

22. andrej

andrej New Member

For me it's forums.digitalpoint.com - a perfect webmaster forum.

23. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Captain's Quarters an American right-wing news blog. Very good.

Jack’s Newswatch a Canadian right-wing news blog, also very good.

Sluggy Freelance A very funny/scary/GOOD web comic that is about 12 years old about a psychotic talking bunny, a mad scientist, a witch, an ordinary girl, and an idiot. Plus a hyperactive ferret. Huge cast, and side plots.

SHADOWGIRLS A horror comic, a little heavy on the fan service but very new, and very good. Its been described as 'The Gilmore girls meet Cthulu"

Questionable Content: New comics every Monday through Friday A more ordinary comic, about 3 friends with some other friends and 2 sentient computers thrown in.

http://suicideforhire.comicgenesis.com/ A very black humour comic about 2 teens on a mission to ease the worlds (i.e. their) suffering by cleaning up the gene pool. Don't go if you are easily offended.

Home Page - Television Tropes & Idioms awesome wiki about cliches and tropes found in comics, tv, movie, anime, and other media.

National Newswatch - LATEST NEWS A Canadian news blog that grabs stories from all over, especially various commentary.

Hitherby Dragons A blog from a famour rpg writer that is full of weird, wonderful, bizarre, and weird stories. Read it if you like surreal stuff.

24. Tori

Tori New Member

If I'm not here I'm usually on myspace, youtube or veoh.

25. Sywo

Sywo New Member

If you are childish, you should just browse piczo websites. You might even find mine!

The birthday calculators are always good fun. Just google birthday calculator and hey presto you get loads of facts such as how many poeple died on your birthday!:eek:

Oh and of course I suppose this site deserves a honourable mention. :)