Your feedback on features affected by the upgrade

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Daniel, Aug 7, 2013.

?

What's your opinion on these features?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2013.
  1. Reputation: System is a must - keep it!

48.6%
  2. Reputation: Lose the system - better off without it

2.7%
  3. Reputation: Indifferent

37.8%
  4. Albums: support, add new advanced photo albums

24.3%
  5. Albums: opposed, lose them completely

21.6%
  6. Workshop: support rating system

54.1%
  7. Workshop: opposed to rating system

24.3%
  8. Workshop: support hidden erotica section

54.1%
  9. Workshop: opposed to hidden erotica section

21.6%
  10. Marketplace: strongly support

24.3%
  11. Marketplace: indifferent

62.2%
  12. Marketplace: strongly opposed

5.4%
  13. Publisher Discussion: support

73.0%
  14. Publisher Discussion: oppose

2.7%
  15. Tagging system: I use it

27.0%
  16. Tagging system: what's that?

48.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

I just read through this thread, so what I posted just before was just repeating what others have said.
    From a purely visual standpoint, I vote for no green bars until it's sorted out (btw, when you are sorting it out @Daniel, perhaps replace certain number of light green bars with one darker green, and then once you get like 4-5 darker, replace with black or whatever, so it always looks neat and tidy but still indicates the value of individual rep). They look pretty ugly, especially entire sausages of it, in different shades of green.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

No need for any multi-quote function once you learn that hitting reply will put the quote where your cursor is if you want to add quotes to one reply. Or you can just go through hitting reply one after the other and you have a multi-quote function.

I'm not sure what a duplicate system gains.

3. GingerCoffee

You know we love you. :)

4. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

@shadowwalker okay, thanks.

I'm checking into this right now. Quick question though. Are you sure it's every time, or could it be only every time from threads directly from the latest post column on the homepage?

I ask because I'm not replicating this issue on all threads, but on threads I visit from the homepage latest post column I do jump to the newest post in the thread in threads I haven't read (and I suspect this is by design since it's "latest" posts, but I'm not sure).

5. Daniel

I agree, there's too many and they're earned too easily. I might be able to do this relatively easily but adjusting the criteria for one bar. The system we eventually go to should have something like 10 max bars in a row, once you get 10 light green it goes to darker green and so on.

While that's true, if you hit reply and you want to quote more than one post you have to scroll back up the page. With the multi-quote you can load the quotes at once and avoid having to scroll up the page multiple times.

jazzabel likes this.
  6. GingerCoffee

How does that differ from loading them as you go? You can hit quote or reply. Hit 'quote' and they queue up waiting for download. Hit 'reply' and they download one after the other. The end result is the same.

OK, never mind, I see, each time you load one the screen scrolls down to the reply box.

7. Daniel

The end result is, ya, but it takes at least twice as long. I find it really annoying to have to continuously scroll back up the page.

8. GingerCoffee

see my edit

9. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

Hmm. I always hit the "new posts" button, and then click on the various threads. So it sounds like that's where the problem comes in...?

10. GingerCoffee

After thinking a bit more about this, here's my opinion for the 2 cents or less it is worth. Don't spend a dime on this. Keep the likes, get rid of the bars. Once one is on the board for more than a few weeks, reputations sort themselves out. I doubt anyone, except maybe the persons themselves, looks at those bars and says, here's a person with cred.

11. Daniel

Maybe, or maybe not. It actually doesn't look like it, for me it takes me to post #1 on the new posts page. That's what you're talking about, right?

When I view posts from the forum home it takes me to the last post in the thread. But when I visit threads from new posts the thread sends me to the Original Post (#1) if I've never opened it.

Could you try browsing a random forum like Publishing or Character Development, open a few threads you know you haven't read, and see if it takes you to the first post, some random post in the middle, or the last? This'll help me determine if you're experiencing this 100% of the time or just from URLs from certain locations like the New Posts page.

12. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

Kinda. I get to the list of threads on that page, but then when I click on a thread it goes to the last post, rather than the first one (on threads I haven't checked before) or the "last read" (on threads I have checked previously).

Okay. Opened the forum without clicking "new posts" and randomly selected both threads I haven't looked at before and those I had - they all opened to the very first post. So it does seem to be linked somehow to the "new posts" page.

13. Daniel

It sounds like something more is indeed going on since I'm not getting that but you are. I would've chalked it up to software design, since it's the new post page it sort of kind of makes sense to take you to the newest post, but there's this inconsistency.

I don't really use the New Posts page often. Anyone else wanna chime in that frequents the latest post page? Does it take you to the first post on threads you haven't read, or to the last post, or somewhere in between?

Seems like it. I'll bring this up on the XF support forum and see what they say.

14. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

I thought I saw where it is an option you can pick for your account, that if it will take you to the last post, or last post read. I'll have to check again, or maybe I saw it on another forum. o_O

15. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

According to my transactions page:
    Oct 18, 2013 Login
    Nov 4, 2013 Login <-- Due to change of browser
    Thursday at 2:31 PM Login <-- Due to me checking out the login-rep
    Today Login <-- Due to me checking the login-rep amount.

I've visited the forum at least 3 times a day the last month.
    Concerning the amount of credits received, it was $1 before and that's why I reacted. Getting $1 a day from not having "remember me" would cause an imbalance in the rep system. With a $.01 bonus it will not matter that much anymore, but a bug is a bug. :p

Multi-quotes:
    Might be worth mentioning that you can only queue quotes on the current thread. Leaving it will reset the queue (at least I think so, maybe I should've tested before posting this).

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  16. Daniel

@shadowwalker regarding the issue of jumping to new posts in a thread in unread threads. This is the response I got on the Xenforo support forum:

I haven't been able to find where this setting can be adjusted yet, but I'm looking into it. I believe that explains the issue.

Additionally, I just found out you can go to the first post in a thread by clicking the date/time under the thread's title. You might want to use this to open threads you know you haven't read.

If @Lewdog is right, that'd be useful to know so our settings can be adjusted accordingly.

Ah, I didn't realize it was set to 1 before. It's changed now, but 1 credit per log in is way to much.