1. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

What happened to Anthropomorphic Comic Books?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by MilesTro, Oct 5, 2013.

How come anthropomorphic comic books are no longer popular?

In Eugene, I went to a comic book store to look for some new issues of Extinctioners, but the store owner said he never heard of it. He mention the anthropomorphic genre is no longer popular now. The only comic books in stock are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Usagi Yojimbo, and Sonic the Hedgehog. I am tire of those books, and I feel disappointed that the comic books I want to read are now rare. What's wrong with anthropomorphic books?

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Because times change. You tend to ask this question a lot about different genres and styles. The answer is always going to be the same. Times change. People get tired of reading or looking at the same old same old. New stuff has to enter into the market in order to captivate the buyer and keep the process alive and viable.

3. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Maybe there is too many goddamn super hero comic books out right now.

4. MLM

MLM Banned for trolling

There are still some funny animal comics out there. Sergio Aregones has a new funnybook out that frequently features anthro animals. There are still Disney comics around, and there are many web comics which have seen paper publication which have animal people.

Glancing at my collection I see Blacksad, a film noir detective type comic and Bittersweet Candy Bowl, a highschool romance comic. Both are still in production.

I think you are right in that the popularity of superheroes, as well as zombies and poorly drawn stick figure comics (known as indie comics) have pushed a lot of other genres and styles out nowadays, but they are not gone by any means.

5. Burlbird

Burlbird Contributor Contributor

Wait for a few months. Times change indeed, but if you are older than 20 you may have noticed that times change circurarly. And rapidly. Not to mention the fact TMNT had like 3 renewals since I was a kid. :)