Your Username

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nervous1st, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

So GiGi_GNR isn't a stutter? ;)

2. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

:D Haha, nice :)

I thought about several other bands, but GNR is my absolute fave.....plus it's more me.

Also, on other websites I go under a Packer name. Here I have a Packer sig, avatar and profile pic. Close enough. :p

3. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

I might have answered this somewhere else, but whatever

So contrary to popular belief my name actually does not refer to the candy :eek:

my name is another two part name (like my twin :p), the "yellow" comes from a novel that I had just started working on when I joined which has a recurring symbol of yellow roses

as for the m&m, my initials are MM :D

(the one uppercase m is a typo lol)

4. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

I don't think I've answered this before... My s/n came from two of my favorite things, a picture of a fairy in a fairy book I picked up years ago (and plan to have tattoo'd somewhere on my body) and the flower, bluebell (also the flower that the bluebell fairy hangs out on) not that I believe in fairies, but ya never know. I also use another name and my email is bonnieblue, because it sounds Irish/scottish (which I am.) None of it as to do with my real name, which is super common first name Jennifer, and a last name I won't even post cause it is horrible. I wish my last name was my grandmother's maiden name of Stewart, cause it has a much better ring to it than my English last name. If I eventually marry my psuedo-hubby then I'll take his last name, Hall, because it's better than my last name too. lol The 80 is the year I was born...

5. Dreaming Ashes

Dreaming Ashes New Member

Dreaming Ashes is a short-form of a six-part poem I wrote about three years back that was well-received on a forum I had been posting writings at, so that's stuck for awhile as my username.

The poem in question is named in full, "Ashes In The Sand Of Dreams." Basically, it was written in six-parts during a hard part in my life, and each part was written at a different time in about a two week period. I've been in the process of seriously revising it though, as my writing has grown since then.

6. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I know I have explained mine before, but that was a while ago. I stole my name from Carmina Burana. My real name is so boring, I had to pick something more interesting.

7. Yarnillah

Yarnillah New Member

Yarnillah is the name of my favourite character in the fantasy novel I've written. I'm currently in the process of reviewing it, but Yarnillah is a Flower Fairy. She helps the main character and becomes her closest friend.

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

When I joined I couldn't think of a username, so I decided that I'd go with the one car that I have obsessed over since I was a very little girl. A Holden Torana. Such beauty, such magnificence, so perfect in every possible way imaginable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jonathan hernandez13

jonathan hernandez13 Contributor Contributor

*whistle* that's a smexy car Tor:p

when I bcome rich I wanna buy the Mad Max car:cool:

10. rory

rory Active Member

Rory, short for Aurora, short for Aurora Borealis, which is a stellar light show made all the more fabulous 'cause it FREE. Also it's the name of my horse. ;)

11. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

The Mad Max car is nice, but over rated. You can't beat a Holden Torana or a Holden Monaro. Two of the best cars to ever be created. Nothing beats old model vehicles.

12. Marcelo

Marcelo Member

Uum, Marcelo's my name. :p

13. Perpetual Thinker

Perpetual Thinker New Member

I've been struggling with writer's block for a while now so it seems I'm always staring at an empty computer screen or blank notebook pages. Always a thinker, never a writer.... at least lately :/ I'm hoping to work through that....

14. DownUnder

DownUnder New Member

I'm from Australia, & I kind of wanted something that would let people recognize where I'm from :).

15. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

Gone Wishing is the sign I hang on my spiritual door.* ;)

*though, occasionally I change it by one letter to Done Wishing.

16. JTheGreat

JTheGreat New Member

How Did You Choose Your Username?

The cool thing about forums like these is that you can choose your name. Usually either for the sake of security or creativity, most choose not to use their full name.

My username comes from a rather simple childhood story. In fourth grade we were making little newspapers about Christopher Columbus, in which we could choose our own headlines and stuff. Everyone usually chose something generic like "The Columbus Times", but I waned to sound cool, so I made a little homage to Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great, so I named my newspaper "Newsdate by J****** The Great". The name stuck, so I shortened my name to a letter and kept "The Great" and used it as a universal username for everything from the I-Am-Bored forums to the Sims 3 site.

So, I'm curious, how did you choose yours?

17. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Well, I'm an anime fan as well, so I took my username from Shinn Asuka, the main pilot in Gundam SEED Destiny. I am sure Cog remembers when I had the animated Shinn/Destiny Gundam signature way back in the day.

18. Mantha Hendrix

Mantha Hendrix New Member

Northern Ireland... the place I've taken for grant
    Mine had it's origins in a strange way. You see... I get stalked by a number... sounds weird, I know. Anyway I gave this phenomena the name Mantha. That was some years ago. So, I thought about using the word in a pen name.

So I figured Hendrix sounded kinda cool. Mantha Hendrix. Ta-Dah...

19. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

Mine just so happened to be my email address. THe story of my email address is about just as exciting. I woke up one morning and decided I wanted something that wasn't the same thing I've had since grade 9. Sweetchaos was what happened. Obviously, now I have a more grown up one (i.e., my actual name). I really want to change my screen name, but I don't know if that's an option. Nor do I think people would recognize me otherwise, haha.

20. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Mine is simple El-Elana, Ga-Gabriel, Is-Isaac, Ma-Mum - I am El, Ga and Is's Ma. Appparently when I was just Elgama my name meant moose you see in colloquial Norwegian or so I was told by an online Norwegian friend.

21. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

I needed a username for a different forum. I actually think it was the Syfy(at the time scifi) and I just sorta typed in random stuff. I would look at it and think "nope not me" and so on. Anyways I typed in Unit7. Which is weird because I almost always hate numbers in my name. I just don't like them so I avoid them at all costs.

Anyways I abandoned that forum account but the name sorta stayed with me. Eventualy I joined a different forum and used Unit7 for it. From there I named almost everything Unit7 or some variation. Unit7x or xUnit7x. When it came time to join here the first name I chose was Unit7.

22. natsuki

natsuki Active Member

When I met my husband on IRC we did anime/manga translation from english to portuguese and he had the nickname of Fujiwara (from an anime), so when we started dating I chose the username of Fujiwara's girlfriend (on the anime) as my nick...

Very silly, but I have been using it since I was fifteen in every forum/site that I register and don't want to change anymore... :)

23. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

I like the word. It's the shortest word in English containing all five vowels, and it means 'beautiful thinking'. :)

24. Evelyanin

Evelyanin New Member

Mine is actually sort of boring. The username I wanted to use was apparently too common, so I added a few letters here and there to make it unique. Actually, I'm not even sure it's 100% unique. I have a vague recollection that I have seen it somewhere before. I've used it for the majority of forums and such that I have joined. However, I've come to sort of dislike it. It was the brain child of my younger years, and I would love to have a fresh start.

25. w176

w176 Contributor Contributor

It's time to tell a story kids. Set a long time ago. Back in the mid 90s. Back when there was no girls on the internet.

Well... Almost none.

Once there was a thirteen year old girl that found a foul but fascinating place called quakenet. The place contained many wonders, but every time the girl wandered the dark places of the forests of IRC she was faced with harassment.

The girl, resourceful and bright, decided to disguise herself, but still not yet truly lie. So she picked the most androgynous nickname possible at random and struck with it.

But all that is just an old woman's tale in this ages of equality on the net.