Your Username

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nervous1st, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Rousel

Rousel New Member

Pen name for me. Robert Sylvaina Rousel, R.S. Rousel. Rousel is was my pre Ellis Island name.

2. finchgeam

finchgeam New Member

Finchgeam is something I created back in those days when life was simpler and usernames didn't have to be well thought out. Finchgeam is a composite of
    Fink - The bird
    Gear &
    Steam
    At that time I was fond of steam powered robots, birds and gears.
    Personally I hate it now, I encourage people to call me Alec, not my real name but close enough. I like the name Alec its close to my name, Alex but it has a certain ring to it ^^

3. Squidget

Squidget New Member

squidget evolved from when I was always playing video games with my brothers and freinds, they were all older than me so they told me to name my profile name as midget, but it evolved to squidget

4. justanothervampirewriter

justanothervampirewriter New Member

Well, I haven't been on the site for a good while and I tried logging in yesterday and today and it kept telling me my account is no longer active so I made a new one.

I'm formally 'afinemess'.

I came up with this one because my new novel has a *gasp* vampire in it. I think I have an original interesting take on the genre, so I'm excited about it!

5. NoNathanielNo

NoNathanielNo New Member

NoNathanielNo - It's a part of a song 'Spirit of Man' in Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds - One of my favourite albums

6. Trace

Trace New Member

My "reflected" character in my book. Reflected meaning my personality in a book.

7. Sarah's Mom

Sarah's Mom New Member

The first time someone called me by my username, was the day my daughter was born. A harried-looking nurse came bustling into the room where three of us who had recently given birth were recovering, glanced at her clipboard, then at me and asked, "You're Sarah's mom, right?"

It was the end of my personal identity. At school, around the neighborhood, (why do these people all know my child?) folks would say, "Hi, you must be Sarah's mom." I resented. But I surrendered. I'd go to the school meetings and say, "Hi, I'm Sarah's mom."

I've been posting on forums for 20 years, had many many names. I'm kinda old now, not sure how many more forums I have left in me. What name now, again, to choose? Possibly my last forum name. My daughter grew up to be the person I admire most in the world. This is the name of all names I am most proud to own: I, by some strange cosmic alchemy, am lucky enough to have been and always be: Sarah's Mom.

8. J_Jammer

J_Jammer Banned

Twenty years?

I've used this user name on several other forums. I've used it since 2004.

J for my first (or middle) name and Jammer because it's a last name of a football player in ESPN magazine I was reading at the time. I thought it was an awesome last name and made me want to Jam out thinking about it.

So it was born.

Sufficient to say I'm sad when there's no underscore use on some forums. I therefore have to use JJammer and seems weird.

JJ works which is what some people call me even without me suggesting it...because of the J_J.

9. rainy

rainy New Member

Rainy isn't my real name, nor is it just an internet nick-name. It was somewhat bestowed upon me in highschool when I ran with a slightly unconventional crowd, and it hung around long into my adult life for various reasons: meeting one boyfriend online, so he was already use to that name; another boyfriend had an aunt who shared my real name so much preferred the "fake" one. I used to run a fairly successful free website that networked underground clubs and events with their fans, and preferred keeping my real name out of the mix. Actually, at this point almost every friend and family member and coworker has adopted it. So I think it's here to stay, over a decade later. lol

10. tristan.n

tristan.n Active Member

I guess I could have chosen something a little more creative... My name is Tristan and I'm a girl, and I don't know any other girl Tristans, so I just went with that. I've always been overly criticizing of myself (or so I'm told), but the one thing I've always liked is my name.

11. afrodite7

afrodite7 New Member

-well,mine is pretty simple
    aphrodite=love godess

afro= african descent

7=my fave number

see? love,luck and being black :)

12. Halcyon

Halcyon Contributor Contributor

In ancient Greek mythology, Halcyon was the daughter of Aeolus, who threw herself into the sea whilst grief-stricken after learning of the drowning of her husband Ceyx. However, the Gods took pity on them, and transformed both of them into halcyon birds (Kingfishers) so that they could continue to live together.

More importantly, however, Halcyon is the name of my second novel, which I've been working on for about eighteen months now.

13. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

btw, this is a dupe thread, though started by a different poster...

14. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

I am very fond of my own opinions, but when I entered my username I put an 'n' at the end instead of the 'd'

15. Taylee91

Taylee91 Carpe Diem Contributor

^haha! That's so funny :D But I think it suits you know, and I can't imagine you being "Agreed."

16. yuriicide

yuriicide New Member

I've had the nickname "Yurii" for a while now (My friends used to call me that after a movie character) and I added the "Cide" from the word suicide (It was a song I used to be obsessed with, don't ask :p)