1. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Be Still and Know Contributor

Zaki's Novel Tracker!

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by ChaosReigns, Aug 7, 2014.

i already have a personal tracker, but hell, i thought id have one of these as well to keep it all going in a more public domain.

as you can see i already have one completed novel in this group, which, until i have finished writing, is remaining for the most part unedited, purely because i feel the need to let the entire story tell itself before i can edit it all.

book 2 which is my current WIP does have a 150,000 word count target, which may be overtaken due to the nature of the plot in this book being so much more intense and a fair few loose ends needing to be tied up (As well as possibly a few useless sections that will be edited out. it currently stands at 136,000 words and im trying to direct it towards the point i can finish it and start book 3

book three is at just under 600 words, for some reason i find it easy to start a book but not finish one, this third book is going to be a challenge to see if it is the last book, or i end up having more loose threads that will require a 4th book (i dont plan how many books im going to write, i see what i am writing and adjust accordingly)

as of the moment the current WIP titles for each novel are

1: Order Of The Black
    2: And From Black To White.
    3: Days Turn From Blue To Grey.

note that as far as im concerned book 1's title is going to remain as is, book 2 and 3 may change three more so than two but still, i need to see where this ends up.

Zaki (AKA ChaosReigns)

Bubba Delicious likes this.
  2. ChaosReigns

Continuing on from what i wrote earlier, i have realised halfway through this novel that there are some serious continuation errors within it (but then again, being on such a large scale its unsurprising) and am working out the details for sure. it may take me a while (in fact i may take a stop gap between books 2 and 3 to get all the continuity drifts sorted, in sense that i have everything i need written down.)

so far, confirmed characters for right the way through the three novels are:

Isake Dresden (our main human protagonist, who has a life span of an elf due to past good deeds)
    Kilnir Ironshield (our lead dwarf protagonist, also leader of his race)
    Linck (A Dire Wolf, Isake's pet, given to Isake by his mother in the middle of book one as a pup)
    Caspiar Seolran (Elf, we dont see him until mid way through book 1, but he becomes instrumental throughout the rest of the books, making him a main character in the second book)
    Lori Togarbaec (Elf, Caspiar's niece, quiet and reserved, level headed and probably next in line to the Gebon throne, she doesnt really play much part in the books themselves, but she does hold key to some important plot driving elements)
    Aeku Metalbeater (Dwarf, Master Smith to Isake, Kilnir and Caspiar)

3. ChaosReigns

i have decided to take a break from the Master Swordsman Chronicles, due to the amount of innacuracies, i need a bit of time writing something else to get TMSC clear in my head and a proper plan put in place so i can finish writing it.

this is why you always have some kind of basic plan for novels. especially behemoths such as this! i will be back i promise!

mom42terrificgirls likes this.
  4. ChaosReigns

it seems that i only needed a couple of weeks to sort myself out again. i havent planned it, but i feel the novels need finishing before i can fix inaccuracies. last sunday's post was about a week or so after i left it to clear my head (and spend way too much time playing final fantasy 12)

5. ChaosReigns

ive got a clear idea of what i am doing with TMSC now and am putting it into action one word at a time, it shall be interesting to see where it goes when i start college next week

i removed my word counts from my signature, so here they are as they stand

Order Of The Black: Finished at 101 484 words
    And From Black To White: In Progress at 141 857 words
    Days Turn From Blue To Grey: On Hold at 598 words

i did start writing the beginning to book 3 but thought it wise to put it on hold until i had finished book 2 in case i changed anything in book 2 that may affect it

6. ChaosReigns

with what i have written, it seems that it is going to be 4 books. as well as that, i have changed the title of the 2nd book, so it now stands like this:

1: Order Of The Black
    2: Breaking All Illusions
    3: The Evil That Men Do (Working Title)
    4: Days Turn From Blue To Grey (Working Title)

i would say it isn't definite, but book 4 takes place a couple of years later on in the timeline.

7. ChaosReigns

well, the good news is that im not far off wrapping up Breaking All Illusions and starting on book 3, issue is, i hate the working title for book 3 and i need to find something else that will fit what i have in mind for this novel.

plus, i dont know how often i will be able to write, as i am starting college on tuesday, and i need to focus a lot of attention on that (coupled with work, i can see this getting interesting)

8. ChaosReigns

parents are on holiday, which means no disturbances, but it does also mean that i wont be supplied with my large mug of tea at regular intervals *sighs* but it does mean that i can see if i can finish Breaking All Illusions

9. ChaosReigns

Two posts today i know, but Breaking All Illusions is complete! i am super stoked and now for me to start on book 3!

10. ChaosReigns

so much for me using this past week to write, between college, work and the other stuff i needed to sort out, it seems TMSC got put on hold slightly, i did write a little more monday night, but ive been knackered this week.

todays a little better, my parents are on the way back and ive done what i needed to (well most of it, the hob could do with a bit of a scrub) and i have time to write.

11. ChaosReigns

College was intense on monday, im hoping i actually get some time to write when things begin to mount, even if its weekends, im glad that this week i have chance to write a bit. and if i start taking lunches to college with me, theres nothing stopping me from taking my laptop and writing too (well, i live like 5 minutes away, its hardly a big deal.)

12. ChaosReigns

24 hours later and i find myself back here, book 3 of TMSC is just over 2000 words (miniscule i know, i can write that in an hour or so) but ive been out making sure my grandma is ok (cause you know, your family is important.) and i might leave it there for a bit, because have found inspiration in writing more of another idea i have called Harvest: The Devils Orchard, which im handwriting in a rather fancy notebook at the moment!

13. ChaosReigns

Book 3 of TMSC is nearing 10,000 words already (and only in a couple of hours work too :D) this ones going to span about a year like the previous one did but with a lot more going on in it.

its not going to be easy, as ive set the deadline for finishing the first draft of the entire series as this time next year. it may not sound much, but it took me 6 months to write the last book of 150,000 words and these are considerably longer (this one is going to be about 200,000 words, the next 250,000 words)

14. ChaosReigns

ive surpassed 10k words, but ive stopped writing, only for a handful of days where ive been busy/ill, its not fun at all, but i hope to be back writing ASAP (as soon as i dont feel like death warmed up)

15. ChaosReigns

nearly 9k into NaNoWriMo with An Unseen Empire: Herrscher which brings AUE:H up to nearly 20k words total!

16. ChaosReigns

i dropped out of NaNo after writing 35k due to a lot of stuff going on, winter break is now here from college, an im back on my writing game again. i hope to be more active on here as well in that time.

17. ChaosReigns

yes the last time i posted was a month ago, but that really is testament to how hectic my life actually is at the moment, im hoping to get a bit more time later on to write a bit more (if only i could quit my job, which isnt possible) hopefully i should be back with the program soon.

18. Okon

Okon Contributing Member Contributor

Yeah, it's discouraging when life gets in the way. All you can do is keep on keeping on:); you'll get back to it eventually.

19. ChaosReigns

i last updated January this year, here's how it stands

Order Of The Black (The Master Swordsman Chronicles Book 1) First Draft completed, First Edit in progress
    Breaking All Illusions (The Master Swordsman Chronicles Book 2) First Draft Done, First Edit started
    An Unseen Empire (The Master Swordsman Chronicles Book 3) First Draft currently in progress at 70,907 words
    Days Turn from Blue To Grey (The Master Swordsman Chronicles Book 4) First Draft started, on hold
    Resurrection In Black (The Master Swordsman Chronicles Book 5) First Draft Started, On Hold
    Bloodstone And Diamonds (The Master Swordsman Chronicles Book 6) First Draft started, On Hold
    Dark Roots of Earth (The Master Swordsman Chronicles Book 7) First Draft started, On hold

You heard it here first folks! it'll be more than 4 books, although i am only writing the first four now then putting it on hold for the next series called "The Devils Own" with only one book started called Harvest: The Devils Orchard

20. Carl Magnus

Carl Magnus Member

Good work!

21. ChaosReigns

i have written a little more since march, but not since i started university, things really did get busy, and i'm just settling into a proper routine, and being able to figure out quite what i can do...

22. ChaosReigns

Its been some time but i'm nearing the finish line with An Unseen Empire, i feel kinda sad for finishing it and i dont know why...

23. ChaosReigns

I've finished An Unseen Empire, i feel kinda sad, but i do have Days turn from Blue to Grey (the follow up) to work on

ToDandy likes this.
  24. ChaosReigns

As it stands i took a break from writing, mainly due to the fact that i had exams and deadlines to meet with university and wanted to prioritise them, but i wanted to give a complete update on what I have so far that i am working on

Order Of The Black (The Master Swordsman Chronicles Book 1) First Draft completed at 102,029 words, First Edit in progress
    Breaking All Illusions (The Master Swordsman Chronicles Book 2) First Draft Completed at 150,928 words, First Edit started
    An Unseen Empire (The Master Swordsman Chronicles Book 3) First Draft Completed at 163,920 words
    Days Turn from Blue To Grey (The Master Swordsman Chronicles Book 4) First Draft started, on hold
    Resurrection In Black (The Master Swordsman Chronicles Book 5) First Draft Started, On Hold
    Bloodstone And Diamonds (The Master Swordsman Chronicles Book 6) First Draft started, On Hold
    Dark Roots of Earth (The Master Swordsman Chronicles Book 7) First Draft started, On hold

Harvest: The Devils Orchard First Draft Started Handwritten idea in progress

Twinsanity First Draft Started, being rewritten from original

WritingForums 10th Anniversary Entry First Draft started 786 words so far

I'm taking a break from The Master Swordsman Chronicles as I felt as though I gave myself a to tight deadline to do it in, so I thought I would take a break and do something else then go back to it.

25. Bubba Delicious

Bubba Delicious Member

Wow. OK. . .

You're a writer.

I know you don't know me from a hole in the . . .

but just wanted to let you know I find hope in you.

I'm hoping to write for readership, too.

gl

Bubba D.