1. Kanjanatorn

Kanjanatorn New Member

Jonathan Safran Foer

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Kanjanatorn, Dec 15, 2009.

Hi guys!

I read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer and thought it was brilliant. I'd like to read more of his books but I'm doubtful as to whether they will be as good, or maybe even better, than Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - has anyone read his other books? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance : )

2. ManhattanMss

ManhattanMss New Member

I haven't yet read that one yet, but I loved EVERYTHING IS ILLUMINATED. I've heard from others who enjoyed EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE more, so I'm looking forward to that, too. But, just on the basis of EVERYTHING, I thought he was a brilliant writer. Incidentally, I tried to watch the movie made from EVERYTHING ..., and found it far less interesting than the book. In fact I think I slept through most of it (but that's not unusual for me).

3. Kanjanatorn

Kanjanatorn New Member

Thanks for the rec :) !! I'll check it out. And don't worry, in the words of Paulo Coelho "The book is a film that takes place in the mind of a reader. That's why we go to movies and say 'Oh, the book is better.' :):):)

4. arron89

arron89 Banned

Yeah, as far as I know he only has the one other novel, Everything is Illuminated, and it's definitely worth checking out. It's quite different to his second novel...a little heavier, a little more literary, but an amazing book.