1. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

Zombies are coming for you.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bluebell80, Aug 25, 2009.

In the spirit of Wrey's posts, here is a scenario that might interest you and the responses will interest me.

You are at work/home and the news is reporting a massive outbreak of a deadly flu. There are measures in place, like FEMA and military (or your countries equivalents) ready to take you into quarantine. You have two options at this point...Run to the hills, or stay and either die or be taken.

A few hours into the pandemic the dead are starting to rise.

What do you choose to do? Do you stay? Do you run? Do you let the government take you to quarantine?

If you run, what do you take with you?

Part 2 of the scenario:

You have chosen to run to the hills. You have a limited supply of weapons, some guns, (or maybe not depending on your country) knives, blunt bashing objects.

Where do you choose to hide?

Now your hiding space is surrounded by 10 zombies, what do you do? How do you kill the zombies? Do you have any skills at making home made weapons? What is your choice weapon? How would your survive a zombie attack?

1 person likes this.
  2. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

First of all, I run. If they want me, they'll have to do it on my terms.

Second, I take rifles (not pistols), bullets, every kind of flammable liquid I can manage, and a very good knife, and a dog or three.

Third, I make my refuge in a cave that has been explored carefully for other enterences. This cave must be located near a water source. How do I survive? I sacrifice one of the dogs and turn the cave into the world's biggest oven.

3. arron89

arron89 Banned

I'd stay...maybe make some strategic runs to a nearby supermarket then baricade myself in my apartment until the government comes, or the zombies starve, whichever happens first.

Actually, maybe, I'd run to the beach maybe 5k away, steal a kayak and paddle to one of the islands out in the harbour, hit up a supermarket there or something, then find a house with a celler or something.

If I got surrounded, I'd make a break for it...fight through one or two of the zombies and sprint away as fast as possible...look for a car or something, just keep running....

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I'd swear off the bathtub gin for good.

5. luckyprophet

luckyprophet New Member

I wouldn't :(

There's few things I woundn't survive. One of them I'm absolutely certain about is a zombie attack.

6. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

I love this stuff...what is it about Zombies that just delightfully scare me $***less? lol!

Okay, first off, I would most likely run and hide in an old underground fall out bunker. Many of the older schools in my city still have them.

I would take a few shot guns and ammunition. I know how to accurately shoot a gun. (I guess this would be one time I was thankful for something my ex husband forced me into)
    Several full cans of gas, as many flares as I could carry, and a machete. Oh, and some ham shanks.

I set up a trap by placing the ham shanks in the back corner of a class room, then I pour the gasoline onto the floor of the school as I make my way towards the bunker. Shooting anything that moves. I wait it out until I hear them eating on the ham. While they are feeding on the shanks, I throw the flares into the gasoline and KABOOM!! Bye Bye Zombies... :D

7. tcol4417

tcol4417 Member

You know Left 4 Dead? Pretty much that.

Team up with a bunch of like-minded survivalists with what weapons we can find and work our way around looking for more people in safer places.

NO ZOMBIE IS SAFE FROM CHICAGO TED!

8. luckyprophet

luckyprophet New Member

I'd die, shot by somebody trying to defend herself :p haha!~

9. ChimmyBear

hahaha...Okay, that was seriously funny! :D

I mean what can I say...it's about one's survival. lol!

10. Twisted Inversely

Twisted Inversely New Member

My imagination. But I drop by the real world for m
    First I'd grab any weapon/s I could get my hands on (shotguns, chainsaws, lawn mowers, cricket bats) then I'd team up with several other survivors including, in accordance with horror movie convention, a crass comic releif ethnic stereotype who will act as a kind of miners canary; bad stuff happens to them first!

Then we'd head to the nearest port. Hijack a large, sufficiently stocked ship like, say, an oil tanker and sail out into deep waters and wait for the crisis to subside.

If zombies can swim release the oil into ocean and set on fire.

Anyone care to join me?

11. arron89

arron89 Banned

^ In the book World War Z, a bunch of people tried that...they stayed on the boat until supplies ran out, then they landed on an island and tried to find food. Thing is, while they had ben sitting out on the ocean for weeks, the zombies had been walking across the ocean floor, and when they got to the island, the zombies weren't far behind.

I love that book, full of crazy zombiness.

12. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

So long as I have my darling little girl, I know I will be perfectly fine. Nothing can survive the evil nature of my darling little Ami. If she dies, well then I will just do my Zombie impersonation and hope it saves my behind. But being a Zombie ain't all that bad. At least you no longer give a damn what you look like. LOL!

13. Demief

Demief New Member

My zombie plan is to stock up on food and arnaments on a boat then go to an oil rig and live there as long as i can. There should be enough fuel there for fire :D

14. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Actually I have a better plan. I crack open my copy of the Necronomican, take control of the zombies, and take my rightful place as Lord of the Undead!

(Tori should have thought of that one!)

15. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I agree. I'd round up a rag-tag group of people with all different skills. A military soldier for his expertise in fighting, some brute muscle, some brains, and a few other useless people (with no skill--probably an annoyance of the school/city) for bait. :p We'd hide out, take shifts watching for zombies, work our way through the countryside rounding up those not turned into zombies. We'd probably make a big stronghold with huge gates of steel (think I Am Legend, at the end) and develop a warning system, evacuation system, etc. Plus, we'd capture a few zombies, make sure they could hurt no one, and try to find a cure for the disease, some way to reverse it.

16. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

To answer my own question... I'd gather what I could carry, an assault rifle, a hunting rifle with a scope, a side arm (pistol preferably a .40 cal walther) extra ammunition split between two different bags ( a back pack and a messenger bag.) I'd raid an army navy store and get MRE's and other such survivalist stuff (flash lights, ect.)

Then I would make my way to the west coast of the USA. Find a good sized boat, get extra fuel, and head to Australia or the islands surrounding it. I would have to make it to the west coast and onto a boat before 10 days were up, and the nuclear power plants started going off. A world wide nuclear winter would no doubt ensue, so I'd want to be on some sort of dry land, not on a boat.

I might be leery of picking up other survivors. If no one of my family made it, and I was alone, I probably wouldn't want anyone with me. People who might have refrained from being murderers or rapists while the world was in order, might be more inclined to let their true nature out should zombies come. (Ever seen Zombie Diaries, or 28 days later?) yeah crazy people are not good company, though they can be fed to the zombies if need be.

I think I'd aim for heading out into the outback, find a deserted house, and build myself a fort of sorts. Wooden stake fences, home made bombs built into booby traps, those sorts of things. Then I'd just live out my days.

17. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

Rum, that's awesome...if it worked!

18. ChimmyBear

I had to laugh, Wolfie in control of the Zombie population.:eek: hahahaha!

19. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

*Opens the Necronomican*

C'thsgrsa Qu'fargtj H'mthsdae!

*Wiggles the hampster eats his way out of his show box coffin and pushes his little nose through the dirt.*

Yeah, I think it'll work.

Wiggles ... dinner!

20. ChimmyBear

You know...I'd probably laugh if I wasn't the one being served for dinner. lol

At least it's a hampster and not something actually threatening...like say, a wild dog, or rabid cat. You know...something with large, sharp biting teeth. ;)

Wait....what the hell? Wiggles is actually trying to eat me....I'm out of here.

21. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

* Oprah has an idea *

[​IMG]

She will hire phony Zombies to go on her show and talk about an exciting new product at Starbucks:

[​IMG]

Her show will offer all Zombies a Starbucks coupon for the new Caffé Zombiano made of fresh roasted brains from South America:
    [​IMG]

Then when they show up at Starbucks to redeem their coupons:

[​IMG]

22. marina

The smiling Starbucks employees will be waiting there:

[​IMG]

With their work tools:

[​IMG]

And carefully hack away at the craniums:

[​IMG]

And the worker with the most hacks gets a free mug from Oprah:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  23. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

*Applause* That was fantastic Marina!

24. marina

Thank you, now can I have a mug too? Or must I hack away at your cranium? :p

25. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

If I can find that mug, I'll buy 2!