Tags:
  1. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Zoo By James Patterson

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by MilesTro, Mar 28, 2013.

What do you think of the novel, Zoo, by James Patterson?

I think it has an interesting concept about animals turning against the human race. It has a lot of sciencific explaination and heart beating thrills. However the switching to third person and first person kind of confused me. It should of been completely third person.

2. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Trying to read a few of his books i never really understand anything that is his writing style. Completely out of touch with the reader in my opinion. Although i never read Zoo, i'm not going to call it a bad book, but trying to read Maximum Ride from him was one of the hardest things i have ever done literary-wise because it was so.... sloppy. I'm hoping if i ever pick up the book "Zoo" that it is much better than the Maximum Ride series. The entire series has the most boring characters ever.

Not trying to hate on Patterson here, just elaborating that i agree with you on the bizarre choices in his writing- more harm than good.

3. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

I didn't think his writing is that bad. Some of his characters are fine to me, except they have issues.