1. Published on Amazon? If you have a book, e-book, or audiobook available on Amazon.com, we'll promote it on WritingForums.org for free. Simply add your book to our Member Publications section. Add your book here or read the full announcement.
    Dismiss Notice

Zoupskim's Resolution

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by zoupskim, Jul 19, 2016.

1. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributing Member Contributor

I'm on the last two chapters of my book. It feels strange to see the story ending, and feels a little unsatisfying. I'll still feel happy to complete the book, but at the same time... what next?

Slow editing, really making sure the ending works.

2. zoupskim

The last threads of ideas and creativity is ending in my book. One last big battle and the aftermath, and it's done! DONE! I'll have a book, and it will be what it is except for a few clarifications based on an alpha reader and beta reads. I'm so close.

Word's edited: 1810

Dracon likes this.
  3. zoupskim

Got some Alpha notes today, so I edited early chapters. No forward momentum today, but crucial work was still done.

Edited words: 0

4. zoupskim

Tonight I prepared for a work related test, so I didn't write at all. Duty calls.

5. zoupskim

Today was weird...

Tester: Sir, in my ten years working here, I've never seen someone score this high on this test.

Zoupskim: ... Even the math sections?

Tester: Sir, you scored perfect: Ninety-ninth percentile.

Zoupskim: ... Really?

Tester: Oh yes, sir.

Zoupskim: ... Cool... can I get a letter of completion?

ANYwho, I'm still working on my book. I finished the first half of the last chapter today, 2900 words. I need to stay focused, cause being so close to being done, some of my drive is gone, I'll admit it. Keep pluggin', me!

6. zoupskim

Today I got home really late, and had to set up some gear for work tomorrow. This week is really busy.

I did hardly anything, but managed to edit 500 words on the last chapter of the book.

7. zoupskim

Augh, just got home after doing a range. This week is kicking my butt! Still wrote though, 770 little words. End chapter, final standoff.

One step at a time.

8. zoupskim

770 seemed like a weak number, so I tried harder and edited another 1400, bringing my total tonight to 2170.

So tired...

Dracon likes this.
  9. Dracon

Dracon Member

Try not to put us all to shame too much! :D Makes me think there's no excuse not to write this weekend.

zoupskim likes this.
  10. zoupskim

Pfft, shame. I'm just writing a lame-o war story about WAR. I'm not special. I just try hard, even when it's not good. Write!

I edited 2300 words today/night. It think it's better to measure how many words are left. 5601

11. zoupskim

12. zoupskim

I did edited 1806 words today, and finished the last chapter of the main narrative of my book. I still have the epilogue to finish, but the epilogue is just a short scene where one of the characters is shown regretting everything they did, which they never thought was important anyway.

So, it's done. I've written a book. Yay.

Time to wait for Alpha readers to finish, and when they're done send the thing out for Beta reads. Then publishing queries. It's all coming rather... normally. I supposed I should write a full, proper cover excerpt and query letter, but that will come soon. I guess I'll do a wordcount too, figure out how many pages there are, consider that one chapter that's way to short...

But it's done...

13. zoupskim

Didn't get to edit today. Wife and baby both had some sort of fever, so I took care of everyone today.

14. zoupskim

Today I got ready for a big job interview. I didn't write, and I won't be able to write for about a week. The interview is in another city, and I'll be focusing on all the tests, assessments, and interviews.