Role Play General Chat

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Raven, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Raven

Raven Banned

Any new games welcomed. If Im offline for a long period feel free to contact Sapphire Cogito Kit603 or Night Haunter Im sure any of them will look over your ideas games and then post them up.

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

oops double posted :rolleyes:

3. Torana

Thanks Raven. Hopefully we can get the rest of the games going and finished before too many others start up though.

4. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    I'm waiting for Anthraxxx to come back before I post anymore on Third Earth, we've kind of intertwined our stories together so much that going ahead would throw some monkey wrenches into it.
    As for Rybok's, I was waiting for a GM to come back since Smith set it up that a nuclear explosion should be happening soon. So we kind of need a GM to decide if its a dud or not. So glad to have you back Raven.

5. Raven

Raven Banned

Thanks Dom.

I'll read the posts I missed when i get back from buying kids santa prezzies. and make a decission

6. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Soooooooooo.... Do I get a pressie????? ^^

7. Raven

Raven Banned

Who would like to see a sequel to my Virus: Biohazard Game.

8. B-Gas

B-Gas New Member

Concept Announcement.

Hello, and welcome to the Concept Announcement. This is where I, filling the shoes of both myself and pet., announce the fact that we, in secret, have been plotting and scheming and gradually developing a brand new RPG. But this, dear players, is no ordinary RPG- This is an entire world, along the lines of the 'Rat Pack' series of games, to be re-used in various forms by our more dedicated players and sampled from a distance by the less.

Our world is primarily based on High Fantasy, with several plots based within politics, action and basic adventure. We've got a map, a delicately balanced magic system and an amazing assortment of possible plots- and we're only just getting started. The magic system is perhaps one of the most interesting parts of the game. You take one (or possibly two, with training) 'medium'- Vocal, Movement, Drawing and Crafting- each with its own strengths and weaknesses, and use it to create spells and rituals to create almost any effect you can imagine.

Now, there are two reasons for announcing the concept without simply starting the thread- first, we'd like to 'test the water', so to speak; we'd like to know precisely who is interested in playing the game before going for it. Second, and perhaps more important, we'd like a couple of sticky threads- first, the basic rules and concepts of the world, second, the character sheet list (so that they can be continued on in later adventures, plus it makes it easier to work with). I hope that this can be worked out.

So! Who's interested? Let's hear the interest!

9. Klee

Klee New Member

I'd like to give it a try, but I'd like to know more about the world we'd be playing in, the politics and the possible assortments of plots and characters.

But yeah, I'd definitely give it a try.

10. B-Gas

B-Gas New Member

We've got that all ready, Klee. We just need enough player numbers to make it worthwhile to get a couple of stickies.

11. Klee

Klee New Member

LOL! But I have to agree. Just a few changes and a rework on how the powers work would make a difference, methinks.

12. Raven

Raven Banned

Trouble is of late I have been so hectically busy with many things too many to mention even I have been un-able to give time to devise new games.

Anyone who wishes to create a new game is very welcome. Post your game in the rpg forum and I'll approve it once I'm online.

In the meantime I am devising a couple of newer games.

13. Raven

Raven Banned

Kagen has been removed for a while. Due to the main reason many members have pulled out and asked for their characters to be killed off. And this happened a week ago. So with B-Gas Torana and Myself the game seemed to be a little low on players. Pet. and Gunslinger I am unsure of whether they were still playing.

So for the time its been removed to make way for CyberPunk 2120Ad.

So who is still interested in continueing playing Kagen or should I leave it burried?

14. Torana

I'm still interested Raven. I will be able to pop in every second day to post in it after next week.

15. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Non taken.

I really have a hard time with RPG and storyline.
    I have an idea, but I'm only good at writing something as a story a summary.
    But how do you summarize something no one has read.
    I don't think anyone is interested in Iron and Fire. Corny anime? -.-

I had another idea, but thats hard to explain.
    The theme is Phobia.

I wanted an RP about characters with Phobia and how they are suppose to some how meet with each other and get rid of their Phobias.
    And then they realize later on of course that their minds have been controlled, but not in that generic sentence. It was more like their minds were diseased and the diseased mind controlled the mind creating these supernatural and fearful things to happen. So everything was created by their diseased brain, but it manifested itself into reality.
    The reason the mind had been diseased is because the water they drink had been contaminated with some new bacteria that the science lab had created. The new bacteria was suppose to cure the elderly brains and so they put it in the towns drinking water.
    The water had been contaminated by the alliance of the science lab and water company. What they hadn't realized was that it affected the youth and not the adults as they hoped. But when the alliance finds out they both want to see what happens next.
    This all goes on in a very small and rural town that almost sounds like fiction. Its not on any map because its so small.

Or some strange storyline like that.
    But I didn't know if that would peek anyones interest.
    And I know my explanation about the storyline is weird too. So that confuses people.

16. Raven

Raven Banned

Threesided was banned for breaking the rules by Cogito. He had also been responcible for Spamming across the boards.

17. Raven

Raven Banned

Threesided was banned for breaking the rules by Cogito. He had also been responcible for Spamming across the boards.

18. B-Gas

B-Gas New Member

mm... double-posty goodness...

Anyway, I think that it was more likely that pet. was playing than me. I hadn't checked in for quite a while. Sorry! (no hard feelings, right Raven?)

I think there was a general feeling that the entire RPG forum was going down when you pulled the Kagen stuff. Now that there's an explanation, I think that WritingForums in general can breathe a deep, deep sigh of relief. I think I'm going to try this Cyberpunk thing. It could be fun.

19. Raven

Raven Banned

I never hold hard feelings B-Gas.

As for Kagen the game fell a little silent around xmas which is fair enough considering it was holiday period but afterwoods no one barring you and Tor really posted in. and then I was asked by a most to kill off characters.

Well that said. we did have four Rat Pack games three of which were Rybok. So I think time has come for changes.

We need a lot of fresh games thrid earth and virus have finished so we're running low. Personally Im hoping to see members join the damocles gulf game.

20. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I wanted to keep playing in the Kagens ratpack but It seemed like it was moving too fast for me to keep up with and I was having stuff happening outside the forum. it was the only reason why I wanted out.

I was thinking more in the RPG games, can you give us more directions? Like in teh Cyber Punk game, do we wake up with amnesia? and which way is the boat/shuttle thing (I forgot! ><) I would like some more direction in this so I can make a post, but I don't want to start off on the wrong foot so to speak.

21. Raven

Raven Banned

yeah sure. Hop over to cyber punk descussion. ;)

22. Raven

Raven Banned

The rpg forum will only work if people playing the games are actively playing on a regular basis. I've been in-active and come back to find the place like a ghost town.

Uh?

23. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

waiting for Gloom to get over her writers block! >< with her moving and getting a couple of shiny new cars.. I think she may be distracted for a while! :D

24. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

I've got an idea for a new RPG...I'll send that off to you, HR.

25. Raven

Raven Banned

if you like crazy post it in the rpg thread and I'll approve it once Im back online.