Pax: the discussion thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by jonathan hernandez13, May 31, 2010.

Tags:
  1. jonathan hernandez13

jonathan hernandez13 Contributor Contributor

Aliens

Cetus Flagellatus: large aquatic creatures that are actually composed of a number of smaller communal jellyfish-like organisms, much like the Portuguese Man o' War of Earth. The mammoth Cetans resemble islands with their tops or backs above the water; not only accumulating large hosts of flora and fauna but even supporting entire ecosystems. While a Cetan poses little threat to anyone standing on its back, below the waterline underneath it they possess thousands of highly poisonous stingers that Cetans drag behind them for miles as they troll for fish and other forms of prey. Cetans propel themselves with gas pockets and communal flagellum-like tentacles. They serve as a habitat for organisms that exist in a kind of symbiotic relationship with them, including the humans that live on them. Native to the Tau Ceti system, planet Astarte.

Red Vegetation: not to be confused with conventional green plant-life with red foliage, the red vegetation encountered on several worlds (and most commonly found on Earth in the form of red algae) are Rhodophytic organisms of the plant kingdom and Rhodophyta phylum. They are red due to phycoerythrin and other red pigment photoreceptive chemicals found in their chloroplasts. Red vegetation have a number of benefits over more familiar green vegetation, including an ability to absorb the significant green and yellow portions of the electromagnetic spectrum. Red vegetation has a slower metabolism than green vegetation because they absorb more energy, an important adaptation for plant life on worlds with poor sunlight. Found throughout the galaxy.

Smilopods: deadly social predators like wolves, Smilopods are quite clever and both live and hunt in packs. Smilopods have poor eyesight that has badly atrophied because of intense sunlight but a sense of smell so keen that they use it to communicate. Smilopods can stalk their prey for days with olfactory organs in their feet as well as heads. When attacking their prey they use both their powerful jaws to crush and paralyze their victims as well as the long dagger-like claws of their feet to wound and incapacitate. Because they do not need to produce sound to communicate they are very silent hunters and can often ambush their prey from the dense and tall vegetation of their home planet. Native to the Alpha Centauri system, planet Flora.

Testudoids: animal Chordates that resemble large tortoise-like creatures, Testudoids have evolved to persist on a hot planet orbiting a nearby star. Their tough backs are composed of a bone and protein composite much like the carapaces of tortoises on Earth, and serve to shield their soft and vulnerable bodies from their environments. Testudoids use a horny beak like mouth and a long serpentine tongue to search for small subterranean creatures as well as sources of liquid water like tubers. Native to the Alpha Centauri system, planet Aurora.

Thunderbirds: originating from a world with less gravity and air pressure than Earth, Thunderbirds grow large and require massive wingspans in order to remain in the air. Once airborne Thunderbirds can sail on thermal pockets and updrafts for days as they use their wide mouths to comb the skies for insects and other small flying creatures, much like a baleen whale filtering the oceans for food. Thunderbirds are native to the 40 Eridani star system, on the planet Nuwa.

2. jonathan hernandez13

EDIT: something very terrible happened, in my creativity I tried to imagine a futuristic metal alloy and named it Tellurium, after Tellus, another name for Earth.

Unfortunately for me the name has already been taken by an element called Tellurium, discovered in the 1700's. In my ignorance I simply failed to realize this until now. Henceforth ignore any references I might have made to Tellurium, because its real-life properties are slightly different than the ones I was fictionalizing.

Live and learn, I simply must do more research from now on:redface:

3. NRG

NRG New Member

Cool aliens...

Does anyone know what Silver's up to? He hasn't been on for over a week and I think we are waiting for him to post about the warehouse...

4. jonathan hernandez13

I havent spoken with him, I really dont know where he is:confused:

I'll snope around and see if I can get some intel, glad you like the critters.

5. thesilverdepths

thesilverdepths New Member

I´m so sorry for lagging behind, the reason i haven´t been on is because i´ve been in Colombia for the past 5 days, completely random vacation idea my mom had -_-, and this is the first computer i´ve been able to get my hands on since i got here (it´s a pay-to-use), and these comps SUCK, dinosaur age things haha. I´m going back to the U.S august 21st, but since i now have access (albeit meagre) to the Internet, i´m going to start posting again. :D

Again, I apologize for the M.I.A out of nowhere :(

6. thesilverdepths

Oh, and i´ll definitely be reading that too :)

I posted a short so that Lebby can at least have a chance to reply since it´s been so long xD The warehouse post which all of you have been waiting for i´ll have in the morning

7. jonathan hernandez13

Silver!!!!:eek:

Silver's back guys! *glomp*

we thought you were gone buddy:redface:

EDIT: oh...oh! Colombia? Dude, you have a right to go on vacation---make sure to take pictures!!!!!Enjoy your stay there, the game will still be here when you come back

and if you want to read my story that would be very appreciated, the more eyes see it the better, I need feedback or else it's gonna be another rejection letter from the editors

8. NRG

NRG New Member

You're back! YES!

Have a good time! :D

Oh, Jon, if you're willing to let me read it, I'd love to read your story too! :)

9. jonathan hernandez13

awesome! when I get done with it I'll let you guys know and probably email it to youz or something.:)

10. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Sorry sorry sorry sorry. I had a busy week. One I wasn't expecting to have.

11. jonathan hernandez13

no need to be sorry, as you can see it's slowed down alot here

12. NRG

NRG New Member

Anyway, Leaka, I'll respond to Mort and get him a weapon from Mel. I'll post either in a few minutes or tomorrow.

13. Paedolos

Paedolos New Member

ֿYo! I'm back.

Does Akinlabi have anything to do, or should I wait until the raid is done and everyone falls back toward the safehouse?

14. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Tell me, NRG, when you have finished your post.

15. Headroller

Headroller New Member

Hey biznatches, how 'yall been?

Silver... Columbia!? Dude, don't worry about us and give your moms some props, I wanna go to Columbia so bad... aside from the typhoid, the malaria, the killer spiders and the renegades, I hear its quite a nice place to visit. :)

Now... readreadread...

edit: NRG, another damsel in distress? you're making a lot of extra fighting bro, lol. at this rate, we won't get off this rock for another month! what's you game with this new bit of trouble?

16. NRG

NRG New Member

Sorry about that, the main reason I've put in this next battle is so the team of Nathan, Mel, JJ, Trin and Mort know who they're up against rather than thinking they're just random kidnappers. Anyway, I'm ready to post up the second part, but I'll wait for somebody else to post first.

17. Headroller

Headroller New Member

You mean me right? I'm checking this really inconsistantly... still dealing with ear troubles, no infection though so yay! kinda loopy from vikaden, writing ability is zero right now... but that might be because it's late... and my throbbing ear wont let me sleep... :(

18. NRG

NRG New Member

No, anyone, I just don't want to double post. :)
    Don't worry, no hurry, just get your ear better! :D

Actually, does anyone mind if I do double post? It'd help, as I could then provide Leaka and Headroller (and Flamingo if Flamingo plans on returning) some writing material. Nathan and Mel will be talking through their communicator back to you guys...

19. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

You could always just edit your previous post and add in the new material ;) said the voice behind the scenes

20. jonathan hernandez13

no objections from the GM

feel better Roller!:(

21. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

This too. lol

22. NRG

NRG New Member

I've talked with Lebby, he's still in, he has just been a bit busy. :D

23. jonathan hernandez13

I was wondring why it was so quiet around here:D

24. thesilverdepths

i can imagine, i´ve been going to places daily xD dragging trips on buses to cities to visit family so its been ridiculously hard for me to get a good sit-down on a computer, the house i´m in currently doesn´t have internet. its been okay though, the weather is extremely hot, and yea roller, the flies are horrible!

If things start to lag too much and you guys see i haven´t been on in a couple days, just feel free to post over me, i really don´t want to burden the crew with the tremendous wait times :(

hope everybody´s still having fun :-D and Lebby don´t be shy to take control of Oliver if i´m not around!

25. Lebby

Lebby New Member

*Cue Dramatic Music*
    IM BACK :D
    Sorry about that guys, and before you ask, it was to do with a girl, no more needs to be said right :D
    I'll catch up and post soon, feels good to be back :D