1. Jonalexher

Jonalexher New Member

Request

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Jonalexher, Feb 3, 2011.

Hello there, I would like to see a new section in the review room and I might not be the only one. Graphic Novel/Comic Strip/Comics. Anything related with graphics. I think it would be a nice addition, you guys should think about it :], and it might even lure more people into the forum :D

It would be fun every once in a while to read a comic strip. It is, I think, a form of literature and writing, isn't it? The uploading wouldn't be that complicated either, you would just have to upload the image to the web (which is not hard) and then get the link and just paste it here, using that "post card" logo up there in the upper right area of the "reply box."

Just an idea! Hope you guys like it :)

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I am actually very much a fan of comics and graphic arts and have made a few myself. The problem with hosting such an area is that there is no way to monitor the content of such posts except to go through each and every one. And what has to be monitored is not only verbal content, but also graphic content. We have a rather young congregation here and the fact is we tend toward a conservative lean in these matters. Such is the tone set by the site owner by which I as a mod abide. It just would not be practical.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

as the text for those is in script form, there already is a section for such work... the 'scripts' forum even mentions 'comic book' in the descriptive blurb...

it would help a great deal, however, for the admin to change the word 'screenplay' to the more accurate/all-inclusive 'script' and insert 'visual' before 'media'...

can you see that gets done, mods?

1 person likes this.
  4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

See, that is practical and doable! :D

Message sent to Daniel as we speak. ;)

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i am here but to serve, oh mod of mine!

love and hugs, yr most humble svt, maia

6. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I like this, but I'm curious if there's enough interest?

As of now the script for the comics/etc. in the screenplay section. I've gone ahead and edited the "screenplay" description.

Though this is a writing forum, I'm not drastically opposed to comics/graphic novel section. There just has to be enough interest for it.