Announcement ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Poetry Contest Announcements ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Discussion in 'Monthly Poetry Contest' started by thirdwind, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theoriginalmonsterman

theoriginalmonsterman Pickle Contest Administrator Contributor

Currently I'm updating the rules, information, and other stuff concerning the poetry contests. Can't wait to get things started back up again! Newest contest should be up by tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted on here.

2. theoriginalmonsterman

Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that the next poetry contest should be up later today. Thanks for being so patient!

PapaSmurfberry likes this.
  3. theoriginalmonsterman

Hello everyone, just wanted to remind you all to please not respond or like any posts on the contest entries thread. While I appreciate you guys want to show your support for different entries I'd rather have you wait and do that when voting comes around. The best way to keep the contest fair is if we keep everything anonymous including support until the contest is over. Thanks for your time.

Also the Halloween contest wraps up tomorrow, so if you're still interested in posting you've still got another day to enter. Thanks.

4. theoriginalmonsterman

My apologies about not getting the new poetry contest up yesterday, I should have it up later today, so stay tuned! :D

5. theoriginalmonsterman

Sorry about not getting the next poetry contest up this week. I'm planning on releasing it tomorrow, and having it run for just one week to keep things on track. Thanks for being patient guys.

6. theoriginalmonsterman

I apologize once again for not sticking to my word. The new poetry contest is up for anyone who's interested. Sorry it took so long to get up. I've been incredibly busy with schoolwork and the holidays so I've been rushing back and forth trying to do everything at once. Hopefully you will enjoy it! See ya guys over on the contest threads! :D

7. theoriginalmonsterman

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone is having a happy holiday! Wishing you all well a healthy happy vacation! :supersmile: Can't wait to see the rest of the entries for the latest poetry contest. Also don't forget to vote for the Best of 2016!

8. theoriginalmonsterman

Terribly sorry about the prolonged wait for the next poetry contests. I've been busy with schoolwork, so I haven't had time to sit down and get them out. Hopefully I will be able to get them done this weekend, otherwise I may find someone else to do the poetry contests. That shouldn't have to be the case though. Thank you all for being so patient.

9. theoriginalmonsterman

Will update Poetry contests tomorrow. Sorry about the wait! Promise to not take another 2 weeks to get them out.

10. theoriginalmonsterman

Sorry about another wait to get the poetry contests updated. I came down a bit of a flu, so that's kept me in bed for a while. I'm starting to feel a bit better, but still need a little time to recover. Just wanted to update you guys. Sorry about the wait. Will get the poetry contests updated soon. Thanks!

Arcadeus likes this.
  11. theoriginalmonsterman

Just a quick update -

> Will be uploading the Poll for Poetry Contest #283 tomorrow (I won't let the contest be forgotten, there was a lot of awesome poems on that contest I don't want to go to waste.

> 5th Contest will be up within another week or so. It plays into one of the other contest currently posted, so I'm waiting on more people to enter them before I make any changes. (Will most likely be the most ambitious poetry contest we've done up to date, I'll be interested to see if anyone takes up the challenge).

> Other smaller events will be uploaded in the upcoming weeks and will probably last between 3 to 5 days. (They're still be counted as poetry contests, so medals will be awarded for the winners of those smaller contests).

> Hope everyone has a great week and I'll talk to you all later! :D

Alphonse Capone likes this.
  12. theoriginalmonsterman

Voting for the National Poetry Contest poems will be done only this week, so we can get back on schedule sooner rather than later. Thank you to everyone who decided to participate! I'm looking forward to seeing the results just as much as all of you are, so make sure you get your vote in! I have gone ahead to exclude Poetry Contest #285, sadly that contest in particular didn't receive any entries. Perhaps we can revisit the concept for that contest again sometime in the future. Other than that I hope you all have a fantastic week! Thanks!

*The next poetry contest will be up later today.

13. theoriginalmonsterman

Well, finally out of school after a long brutal week of non-stop homework and tests. Expect an update to all the poetry contests this Sunday.

14. theoriginalmonsterman

New Poetry Contest will be up later today. My apologies for taking so long to get it up. Thanks for your patience everyone.

15. theoriginalmonsterman

Sorry about the wait for the next update for the contests. Have had a rather busy and stressful week, but things are slowing down so I should have time to update the contests today or tomorrow. Thanks for staying so patient guys, I'll get back to you all soon. :)

Samunderthelights likes this.
  16. theoriginalmonsterman

Would like to apologize for the lack of updates on the current situation with the Poetry Contests. I have been incredibly busy as of late, so I'm sorry it's taking so long to update the poetry contests. I will try to get them updated by tomorrow. Thank you all for being so patient!

Laurus likes this.
  17. theoriginalmonsterman

Update 10/17/17:

Yesterday wrapped up the 2017 Revamp of the Poetry contests. As we didn't receive anywhere close to 15 votes for any of the options I have gone ahead and shifted the amount of votes required to be implemented down by 5 so any options that received 5 or more votes will be implemented in the next upcoming contest.

As for the other contests currently in rotation, the tiebreaker wrapped up yesterday, so I will be announcing the winner of Poetry Contest #291 sometime soon. As for the other contest that still needs to be voted on for a winner, I will get that up either today or tomorrow, and will have it finish up by Sunday this week, so we can start with a new rotation.

I've been working on some outlines for the poetry contests to help speed up publishing when they're needed.

All changes will be implemented by October 22nd, 2017. Once again I apologize for the lack of updates. I've just been incredibly busy as of late with work and family affairs, so thanks for baring with me. If I do continue to not update contests in a timely manner, I will go ahead and get someone to replace for a bit until I have time to do it again. Anyways, I'll talk to you all later.

18. theoriginalmonsterman

Update 10/18/17:

Just realized that the tiebreaker ended in a tie. Not sure what to do. I guess I'll go ahead and run another tiebreaker for today to hopefully get some new results. Or I may just unlocked the current tiebreaker thread. I'll keep you guys posted.

19. theoriginalmonsterman

Update 11/2/17 (November 2nd, 2017)

Just a brief update concerning the poetry contests. I will be implementing the rest of the suggestions that were voted in after this next contest ends. Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! See you all on Sunday! Thanks!

20. theoriginalmonsterman

Update: 12/11/17

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that I've gone ahead and updated all the poetry contests!

Also on a side note, the next contest cycle is going to wrap up on the 23rd. Since the following Sunday is the 24th, I will most likely be busy with Christmas, so if the contests aren't updated that's probably the reason why. I will probably wait until the weekend of the 30th to update them again.

I presume most of you will be busy with winter break, so it's probably better to wait a week anyways and give everyone a bit of a break. So if I'm not around, I wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a fun and safe Winter Break!

Take care everyone! I'll see you all in a few weeks!

21. theoriginalmonsterman

Updated 1/6/18

Happy New Year everyone! Hope everyone had a good Winter Break! Just wanted to let you guy know I will be updating the contest threads tomorrow. Sorry about not getting them done last week. Ended up being busier with the New Year festivities than I had planned and wasn't able to find any time to update the threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.