Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadia jabeen

sadia jabeen New Member

Editor Discussion 15 safety tips for solo female travelers

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by sadia jabeen, Dec 1, 2021.

Women's safety travel tips

Today, women are constantly traveling around the world. Many people successfully combine work and private life. Statistics show that almost 50% of business travelers are women, and this number continues to grow every day. Traveling quickly means being organized and ready to leave. Be wise and plan ahead.
    1. Keep on the tab a list of nanny ready to help at night if needed. Keep a small book close at hand where you can write what your children eat, their schedule, important phone numbers, likes and dislikes, doctor numbers, and a list of medications, including known allergies.
    2. Always pack your suitcase and be ready to leave. Bring several sets of clothes to help, no matter the weather at your destination. When traveling, wear dark-colored clothing that is easy to care for. They show no stains, are wrinkle-free and drape well.
    3. Always eat light, cooked foods and avoid raw salads, water, and ice. It is recommended that you have a snack before the flight and that you can sleep during the flight. So, you will arrive at your destination refreshed. Be sure to drink plenty of bottled water when traveling.
    4. Schedule a home phone call at a time that works for you and your loved ones. Bet on souvenir shopping for not only family, but also nanny and other people solving problems while you are away. This shows that you care.
    5. Safety comes first. Always put a “Do Not Disturb” sign on your hotel door, and if you're nervous, place a chair under the doorknob as in the movie. Always keep your phone powered on and fully charged and carry a pepper spray guard, an alarm, or a small weapon with a guard if trained and licensed. In most cities, police organize training sessions for women to learn how to protect themselves and what to do in an emergency. Find time to visit them.
    6. Avoid dark alleys and abandoned roads. Do not talk to strangers or accept food or drinks from strangers. Do not leave food or drink unattended while traveling. Always be careful.
    7. Choose your hotel carefully. In general, choose to stay in well-established hotels or small inns and B&B owned by families. If you are traveling alone, it is better to choose a busy hotel in the city center. This not only makes you less noticeable, but also allows you to meet other travelers passing by. When traveling to, plan to travel during the day or arrive in the morning. The stress of arriving at an unfamiliar place from an unfamiliar place only increases at night. Always email and fax your accommodation arrangements and travel plans to your home or office.
    8. Always carry important documents, money, traveler's checks, and passports on your waist money belt.
    9. Always act confidently, move in groups and always be safe.
    10. If you feel unwell, go to a public hospital. Never go to a private hospital.
    11. Do not travel with valuables such as jewelry, and always carry a small flashlight and first aid kit.
    12. If, for safety reasons, we do not contact you as planned, please discuss with your family so that appropriate action can be taken.
    13. Avoid room service and eat in the hotel restaurant. Moreover, do not disclose to anyone where you came from or details about your travel plans.
    Stay alert and wise, you can often travel and safely.

14. Walking intentionally with a confident attitude is one of the best ways to stay safe and avoid problems. Even if you're not sure where you're going, it's intuitively less annoying for people to feel like they're going somewhere. Your actions and self-confidence are a giant boost to those passing by.
    15. Do not listen to music with headphones when walking in the city. This makes them less aware of their surroundings and usually means that the thief is likely to have a smartphone in their pocket.
    16. When you take a taxi, you can keep your belongings in the back seat, so you can control when you get off. This feature can be useful when taxis take longer routes or are overloaded or inconvenient. If you can, you can do it when you need to pack your bags in the back seat and run fast!
    Ultimately, as a single woman traveling the world, wherever you land and how you arrive, remember a few basic truths. The mind is your friend, your intuition is your guide, and the adventure is yours.

2. Catriona Grace

Catriona Grace Mind the thorns Contributor Contest Winner 2022

I've been traveling alone for forty years. While many of these tips are common sense for all travelers, others make me wonder why one so timid would leave home at all. Do not talk to strangers?

3. SapereAude

SapereAude Contributor Contributor

I am not a woman, but I have done a fair share of solo traveling. Many of those tips are moderately useful, but many of them are more about lifestyle and comfort, and offer little or nothing to enhance safety.

4. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

We're not supposed to be commenting on the subject matter, but on the form of the piece. Of course, I think it's also supposed to be in the Workshop...

CoyoteKing and evild4ve like this.
  5. Catriona Grace

Catriona Grace Mind the thorns Contributor Contest Winner 2022

Okay, I'm missing something here about commenting on form rather than subject matter. The heading says editor discussion. Does this mean line edits only?

If so, my apologies, Sadia.

6. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

I'm assuming this was intended to be posted for critique, in the Workshop. People frequently put things in the wrong place. And in the workshop we're supposed to restrict ourselves to commenting on how the piece is written rather than what it's about, though they don't always strictly enforce that rule.

7. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

I'm not sure what this either, but it isn't in the Workshop and @sadia jabeen has not fulfilled their critique requirements, so I'm going to lock it. You must make 2 meaningful critiques of other's work for each piece you post of your own. Fulfill those requirements and I will unlock this and move it to the Workshop.

Xoic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.