2063: Icarus (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by halisme, Nov 9, 2016.

1. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Please tell me this isn't dead. :( Is everyone busy or are we waiting on someone to post? I could post, but Kami is away from the others, so a post for her wouldn't move things forward... unless she did something big... like, really big... like "knock down the Spire" big. I kind of like that idea. I mean, killing all four targets would complete the mission, right? :twisted:

2. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

It would yes, but they're very difficult to knock down. I was waiting for you to post as I anticipated you to have some sort of plan, considering you ran off by yourself into an unknown territory, by herself. Currently, someone could hack the spire to see if they could find out more details, or, you Kami can start going door to door.

3. obi-sem kenobi

obi-sem kenobi Senior Member

Alexander had been Hacking station security for that information since the start of the simulation, I've Just been waiting for you to give the ok that he found it.

I'd say that the People we're waiting for are Gibble and Fox to respond to Alexander scaring the targets.

4. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

I was waiting on a response from Halisme on whether the family answered the door. Aaron is not in the room so he can't react to Alexander

5. halisme

I'll reread the entire thread, taking notes this time, and write responses to everything that has been done that I haven't replied to, however, it's getting late here and I have some reading to do so it will be tomorrow.

6. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

I'll try and post, sorry for the wait. I'm going back home tomorrow so I will be either post then or try to now

7. obi-sem kenobi

Yeah, you're right, I guess I meant the general response to that situation, whether it's from Halisme that the targets ran outside or from you that you ran inside to stop our insidious plan and save them from their certain doom.
    Also, for the record, when Alexander said it was time for them to die, that was him staying in character. He does not actually plan to kill them, just to scare them right into the arms of Aaron.

A small heads up, I've got a very busy week ahead with a funeral, a baptism and possibly another nephew being born, so I'm not sure if I can really get into character this week. I think I'll have the time to write a bit here and there, I'm just not sure if I can get into the right mood. If this should limit the progress of the RP just go on assuming he does what you expect him to do (complain about the unprofessionalism of the team, boast about his skill, hack stuff, quibble with Elizabeth etc.). That said I'll try to make the story doesn't stall on my posts. Sorry for the inconvenience.

8. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

Congrats Obi! I'm an uncle to 2 nephews and a niece. :supersmile:

9. halisme

Anyone want to make their post, or am I free to reply?

10. obi-sem kenobi

I'd say you're up, most other people already made their move.

11. AnonyMouse

I think we're just waiting on @gibble410 and @Fan7asticMrFox, but more than half of the players have posted and it's been three days, so it might be best to just move on without them. I hate to say it, but if this RP keeps sitting for half a week without any posts or activity of any sort, I don't think it's going to survive. At the very least, we should try to keep the discussion thread lively.

12. halisme

At the moment, I'm thinking of just doing the scene with Linda, as that's what 2/3 characters are focused on. That okay with you @obi-sem kenobi ?

13. obi-sem kenobi

Sure, I can wait. Just keep the ball rolling. :)

14. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

I have been monitoring the thread, seeing when Aaron could react - but there's not a great deal he's going to be able to do. He's on the other side of a security sealed door and his skills are in deception, recon and subtly - I can't have him barging in all gun ho, I have to write for the character.

Plus he now has a knife in his foot haha, so he's kind of done for this part. I can put a reaction post together but it will mainly involve him screaming in pain!

15. obi-sem kenobi

With that said, @halisme if you are going to stop the timer it suddenly becomes pretty important you react to the other situation as well. Did the family surrender and are we on our merry way to the return point, or did Emma kill them all?
    Either way, I'd say mission successful right?

16. halisme

The timer is stopped for you lot. I'd say you people still have between two minutes and thirty seconds left depending on other people's posts. If you do a complicated action, like hacking the door open then going in and killing them, I'd say that'd be your two minutes. If you just roll a grenade under the door and walk away laughing, you can spend that time leisurely walking back.

17. obi-sem kenobi

Well, I just threatened to have Emma murder their kid in front of them (because she appeared to have grabbed the kid and put a knife on his/her throat)... is that a long or a short action? :p

18. halisme

That's pretty short.

19. obi-sem kenobi

Ok, so just for the record, it would seem that in both scenarios we are currently waiting on your reply to the situation. Not to hurry you or anything, just making sure that that's clear.

20. halisme

Posting now. Things are going downhill for you people from here.

21. AnonyMouse

@halisme
    I have a quick question before I post. Is there a surprise waiting for Kami outside of the spire, like a gunship or something? I'm asking because I plan to have her zip back outside and head to where the other group is. If there's nothing there, I'll end my post with her arriving somewhere near the other group. If there is something hovering outside, I'll just have her exit the spire, so you can respond.

This part of your post makes me think there might be something big lying in wait:
    Mmm, foreshadowing. Gunship? Tank? Heavily-armed-spider-mech-thingy crawling up the side of the spire?

22. halisme

There's nothing outside the spire, just stay away from the air vents for now.

23. halisme

@Fan7asticMrFox The next mission should be more recon focused and slower paced. Solid action isn't the best thing for an RP.

As for everyone but Kami the rest of you, better find a way out quickly. I've worked out two you could use at the moment, but it'll need a bit of coordination. But the safe room is safe from the grenades, apart from the small gap of course.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  24. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

@halisme you didn't reply to what happened when Lizzie shot at the exoskeleton soldeirs with her grenade launcher

25. halisme

Edited and fixed.