1. The Piper

The Piper Contributor Contributor

Beta Readers (Horror)

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by The Piper, Jun 19, 2019.

Hi everyone!

I've got two projects on the go currently. Hide is in the last stages of editing, and stands at about 105,000 words. Hopefully it'll be cut down a little, but that's what the last stages are for, right? My new project, Red Weeping, is currently 3 chapters in and around 6,000 words.

I'd love to find a beta reader for Hide, someone who can give me a little feedback - not necessarily hugely analytical or in-depth, but a "this is how I feel" kind of thing. Thoughts, feelings, and major things that could be improved.

If anyone's happy to help out, but not with such a big project, then a reader for the first three chapters of Red Weeping would be just as appreciated. Again, I wouldn't ask for anything too in-depth - in this case, literally a "yes" or "no" to the question "is this good enough to continue working on?".

And of course, if anyone would like to arrange swapping work of equivalent lengths in either case, I'd be more than happy to discuss that with you. Feel free to reply here or PM me - I look forward to hearing!

As always, appreciate it.

Piper

Some Guy and Cave Troll like this.
  2. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

You already know I'm in for whatever ya got. :D

3. Maverick_nc

Maverick_nc Contributor Contributor

I will, depending how quickly you need a response? Currently writing the opening to our shared project (and trying not to rush it) and have 2 other beta's to do.

4. The Piper

Can't stress how much I appreciate the offers from you both (@Some Guy sorry I never responded yet!!) I've been so busy with work lately that I haven't sat down to write, and that (and my attempt at a synopsis etc) has revealed some things about the book that I really don't like, and some things I want to change. That being said, it's not going to be ready for some time. I'd happily send you both the latest version as it stands now, but depending on how significant the changes you might end up feeling you'd wasted your time reading the unfinished thing.

Thank you both anyway, and over the next week or so I'll get to looking at The Circle as promised (a while ago, sorry again!) and working on my section of the shared project. After that, I'll start pulling Hide apart and putting it back together again.

Thanks again!

5. Maverick_nc

Maverick_nc Contributor Contributor

I think this is a massive positive in your writing journey @The Piper, disguised in the clothes of further sweat and hard work! If you've spotted more areas to improve and are keen to make changes it shows progress right? Best of luck to you!

NC

Some Guy likes this.
  6. Some Guy

Here when you need to bounce anything :)

deadrats and Maverick_nc like this.
  7. The Piper

Maverick not once in the last few days have I looked at it like that, and I guess you're right! And thanks to you both, some guy always appreciated

Maverick_nc likes this.
  8. Some Guy

:)