1. Damian_Rucci

Damian_Rucci New Member

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Damian_Rucci, Oct 10, 2007.

Hello everyone I am so glad to have found this site. I like to write a lot and I am going to be working on a short story which should be finished by December and will be published as an e-book (hopefully) then I will begin on my novel. I am here on this site to meet other writers and share my ideas and learn new things.

2. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Hello!
    Welcome to the forums! I'm sure if you have any questions one of the Mod's (or myself) will do our best to help. : )

3. Damian_Rucci

Damian_Rucci New Member

thank you very much for the warm welcome

4. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome to our site! I hope you like it here, and care to share your talent with us.

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'd like to wish you best of luck with getting your work finished and published.
    I hope that you have a wonderful time here with all of us and I look forward to seeing you around the board.

Tor

6. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Good to have you and good luck with the writing - this site certainly can help in many ways - I find it a great motivational tool. See you around the threads.

Be sure to check out our writing competitions- I hope to see you entering soon! See the links below for details.

Short Story Contest (11) - Theme: Travel - Writing Forums

And whilst there is no poetry contest at the moment there soon will be, be sure in the meantime to cast your vote on the entries for the last contest.

Poetry Contest (21) Voting - Writing Forums

7. ScaryPen

ScaryPen Active Member

Welcome Damian_Rucci! Hope to see you around. Good luck with your short story :)

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Damien, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

9. Damian_Rucci

Damian_Rucci New Member

Wow thank you everyone for the nice welcomes

10. Neidermeyer

Neidermeyer Active Member

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll really enjoy the constructive criticism that the wonderful people here offer. I know I have!

11. Damian_Rucci

Damian_Rucci New Member

Yes I have been viewing around the forums and I think I will!

12. daisyfly

daisyfly New Member

Hey Damian. I am new here, too. Just joined today. Mind if I ask what the premise is for the novel you are working on?

daisyfly:cool:

13. daisyfly

daisyfly New Member

Reviewing Question

Hi there. I am new to the Forum, and actually I do have a question. I am not sure how to go about Reviewing pieces, and I would love to get a start on that. I think it will be an important tool, and will also allow me to begin posting my own pieces. Can you explain to me how I get started with this?

Thanks!

By the way - I love your Chekov quote. It's very powerful.

14. Funny Bunny

Funny Bunny New Member

Hi, thanks for dropping in. Please feel free to make comments and keep stuff moving! Thanks BF

15. wordweaver

wordweaver New Member

Welcome. :)