Tags:
  1. nekoenko

nekoenko New Member

beginner Russian/English language writer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nekoenko, Jul 31, 2016.

Hey everyone! I've been writing short stories and diaries for as long as I remember myself. Thanks to one of the projects, where I decided to take part spontaneously, I have decided to take my writing a bit more seriously. This way I found myself writing two books: a memoirs about the life of my grandmother (in my mother tongue, Russian) and a fantasy story about the girl named Lilet. Let me know if you are interested and I will forward you the link to my writing. Cheers.

2. Sal Boxford

Sal Boxford Senior Member

Hi! Are the memoir and the story published or are you still working on them? If they're works in progress you might want to share snippets in the workshop. Hope you enjoy looking around the site.

3. nekoenko

nekoenko New Member

hey Sal! thank you for your interest :) unfortunately uploading the snippets would be a violation of the forum rules. They are now written in Russian. I am at the stage of collecting material from my relatives, and the text looks more like a documentation than a proper work of fiction. I need to take a break for now to come up with a good book which will include all the events and describe them for the person outside our family..

4. nekoenko

nekoenko New Member

One sentence summary for my current books:

Lilet:
    The princess in the magical kingdom after struggling with her character which does not fit her society position, gets unintentionally teleported into the parallel world and has a chance to start a new life.

Nadya:
    Life story of a 20th century Russian woman as she decides to be a geologist, become independent from her traditional family and travel around the newly born Soviet union.

Sal Boxford likes this.