Tags:
  1. OmniTense

OmniTense Active Member

A Face in the Window...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by OmniTense, Nov 7, 2019.

Hello, all.

Nothing much to see here. Just looking for a more permanent home to make words and discuss them among the like-minded. At home with people who like words and music.

My name is Brandon. When I pick up a book it's got an even chance to be either a Mystery novel or a Horror novel. If you're allergic to genre fiction, I also like Umberto Eco, Hunter S. Thompson, Jean Baudrillard, Jorge Borges, anything about philosophy, even to the point of Religion. More specifically, Judeo-Christian, Taoism, Buddhism, Hinduism.

As for music, I like literally anything. Have a favorite genre? I like something in that genre, guaranteed. My day-to-day music is usually, either Classical(because it's a huge category of music), Post-punk, goth rock, punk, heavy metal or classic rock.

I prolly sound really pretentious. Meh, not so much. A Kentucky native, with meager University degrees and lots of student debt. Although, I do brew my own wine. That's gotta be pretentious? Anyone like Dandelion wine?

-SIN

jannert likes this.
  2. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Welcome! I'm Iain, one of the mods here. If you haven't had a chance to yet, be sure to check out New Member Quick Start and Forum Rules, and don't be shy about contacting me or one of the other active mods (jannert and big soft moose at the moment) if you have any questions or problems.

You'll need to have two weeks' membership, twenty posts (which include two constructive critiques of others' writing) before you can post in the Workshop for critique of your own work, but until then, feel free to poke around and jump into any one of the numerous discussions that are ongoing here. Those initial requirements will fly by.

My fellow mod @jannert and I are slowly getting sucked into Mongolian biker metal via The Hu, and I'm sure you'll find the a wide variety of stuff to listen to while you're writing in The Music Thread, which is currently on its 266th page. The wine thing sounds interesting as well, my dad used to make his own. One time whilst shifting some boxes he accidentally broke a gallon jug of sherry, straight onto a concrete floor. The basement smelled wonderful for years....

OmniTense likes this.
  3. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

Welcome. This place is rather a nice home. Been poking around here for some years now, and I think it's one of the better ones.

Contribute as much or more than you expect for help,and then you shall receive. Look forward to see your work and suggestion up and around the boards.

And yes, there are certainly pretentious people out and around, but you don't sound like one of them.

Yet.

OmniTense likes this.
  4. OmniTense

OmniTense Active Member

Thanks, Iain. I'll be sure to check it out. Also, I'm aware of The Hu, but I haven't made the transition yet from regular Metal. I got introduced to Mongolian Throat Singing years and years back as part of a joke on some show. Looked it up and found it kinda soothing, tbh. I like World Music, as a general rule. I doubt mixing it with one of my favorite genres of all time would hurt it much. Also, that's terrible about the Sherry! But at least there was some consolation. I remember my first attempt at making a sparkling wine resulted in about three glass grenades disguised as bottles. Sadly, they just smelled like broken glass and failure. Thankfully, they were not near anyone at the time. lol

Also, Thanks, EFMingo. It'll be nice to write regularly again. I'm definitely out of practice. As for me being pretentious, thanks, but you never know. I'd think I would be the worst judge of whether I was or not?

Just looked up the definition to check...
    "Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed."

I feel personally attacked by that definition. I can't help I don't possess talent, culture or importance! It's a genetic condition...in a way that I haven't quite figured out yet! ><;

-SIN

5. J Chris

J Chris Member

Hello. Just coming around these parts myself.

OmniTense likes this.
  6. OmniTense

OmniTense Active Member

Hey, thanks for the welcome, J Chris. From the little I've seen, I really like the atmosphere here.

-SIN