?

And yeah, how do i upload my novel here?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2019.
  1. anything

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. just say something

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Chidera

Chidera New Member

New Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chidera, Nov 11, 2019.

Okay, so this is my first time on a writer's forum. Uhm i am currently writing a book titled "Grey", it has a 3753 word count and hopefully i will finish this book. I have a habit of starting a book and not finishing it. But grey is different and i will finish it

Some Guy likes this.
  2. J Chris

J Chris Member

Hi Chidera,

I am new myself. What is your book about?

3. Chidera

Chidera New Member

Well an autobiography. But not my autobiography

4. Chidera

Chidera New Member

Are you sure you're a new member? Cos your profile shows "joined Jun 16 2014"

5. J Chris

J Chris Member

I only made 15 posts so I'm going to consider myself new enough.

jannert likes this.
  6. Chidera

Chidera New Member

Lol sounds nice.
    So have you started writing anything?

7. Chidera

Chidera New Member

And how do you private message somebody. Feel like i'm lost! feeling like a freshman in high-school . I can't find my way around

8. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi there, @Chidera ! I'm one of the moderators on the forum, and I'd like to extend a welcome to you. It's great to hear that you're at work on a novel, which is a big undertaking (I know, myself) but can prove to be one of the most enjoyable things you'll ever do sitting down. (I know, myself. :) )

Let me give you a bit of help getting started and getting oriented.

First of all, before you do anything else, read this link: New Member Quick Start

That should answer many of your questions, including how/when you can post your work. There ARE restrictions, in that you are ONLY allowed to post your work for feedback in the Workshop (nowhere else), and there are some hoops you must jump through first (which are explained in the link.) This is to prevent people joining up, unloading their work on Day One, getting feedback from our members, and then disappearing, never to be seen again ...until they have something ELSE they want feedback on!:bigmeh:

This is a community of writers and wannabe writers with varying degrees of experience, who like to hang out with people who understand what writing—or wanting to write—is like. So it's the community experience we like to foster here, and we really like people who give more than they take.

Basically, take the time to get to know us, and let us get to know you. You can do this by exploring the forum, and entering into any threads you find interesting and ongoing. Here is another link which will help you locate areas of the forum that might suit you.

https://www.writingforums.org/faq/

You can PM members by clicking on their avatars and 'starting a conversation' with them. (Do it with me, if you have any questions about getting started, and I'll be glad to try to help.) However, while this PM facility is open to anybody, we don't encourage new members to shower other members with requests for personal attention— as in 'will you please read my work and give me feedback?' That is a breach of etiquette, and if a member complains to us about being hassled, we will need to deal with it. So take your time with the personal approaches until you get to know us better. Once you get to know people and they get to know you, it's okay to contact them and see what develops. But don't jump into that right away. Just take your time to get settled in.

You will need to do critiques for others if you want to post your own work in the Workshop, so if you're not sure how to do that, do visit the Workshop areas (of interest to you) and see how it's being done. This link may also help:
    https://www.writingforums.org/threads/constructive-critiques.20627/

And last, but certainly not least, do have a look at our general Forum Rules. This should keep you on track in terms of what we expect from our members.

Anyway, take your time, have fun, and I hope to see you around the threads. And look forward to reading part of your novel, once you have fulfilled the requirements for posting it. :)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    J Chris likes this.
  9. Chidera

Chidera New Member

Thank you very much for the orientation:)

10. Tralala

Tralala Active Member

Welcome, Chidera. That's a beautiful word.