1. Sophie Roxas

Sophie Roxas New Member

Writing an autobiography or memoirs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sophie Roxas, Mar 16, 2013.

Hi all,

After spending about 18 months doing research and compiling information I feel I am now at the point where I can start to actually write about my life! Yet I'd like it to be more than just a book about me, I would like it to be a useful addition to people who are or contemplating undergoing the transition that I have been through, namely moving from male to female, with all the associated psychological, emotional and physical traumas that this journey has entailed. I'm very familiar with the transgender community and indeed have been involved with small press publishing for a number of years within the science fiction field. But this is my first foray into actually writing! So I'm looking forward to participating in the Forums as I develop the book and of course any advice would be gladly welcomed!

Sophie

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

this post really belongs in the 'introduction' section, sophie... you can ask a moderator to move it for you...

meanwhile, welcome aboard!

you'll not find a more friendly bunch than our membership, so you've come to the right place...

i mentor memoir writers, as well as all other writer breeds, so if you need any one-on-one help along the way, drop me a line any time...

love and hugs, maia

3. Sophie Roxas

Sophie Roxas New Member

Thanks so much maia, I'll do just that!