1. CataclysmicKitten

CataclysmicKitten New Member

A little insight on who i am

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CataclysmicKitten, Aug 7, 2015.

Greetings fellow members, I am so glad to have joined this community!

I have had writer's block for the longest time, (We've all been there, right?) and as a result, my grammar and thought-connecting processes have become dulled. Apologies beforehand for the incorrect grammar. I read in the rules that there is a place in the forums to help me.

I am from Pennsylvania, born and raised here. I graduated college with an Associates degree in Psychology, and I took as many creative writing classes as I could. I was lucky to have a stringent teacher that pushed me to my limits so that I could churn out the best work I was capable of doing.

My strong points are poetry, psychological ramblings, intense emotions, heavy use of adjectives, along with genres of Fantasy, Horror, and Erotica.

I am looking to meet like-minded people, and experienced writers that can lend a hand to the struggling ones that want to strive for something more.

I appreciate you coming to my thread and reading.

Happy Writing!
    xoxo

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. Aaron Smith

Aaron Smith Banned Contributor

Welcome.

CataclysmicKitten likes this.
  3. dreamersky1212

dreamersky1212 Active Member

Hello fellow writer. I too have a degree in Psychology, but my minor was sociology. I really thought I wanted to study people for a time, then I realized that I would rather write about them. Best of luck in all writing endeavors. :agreed::sleepy::ninja::ghost:

4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum.:superhello:

5. Song

Song Active Member

Welcome to the forum :superhello:
    And good luck with the writer's block :superagree:

6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you came to the right place. I suppose we've all experienced the dreaded writer's block at some point, so a lot of us are able to symphatize with you. But we also have a remedy or two for that! E.g. take a look at our contests and writing prompts to free your creativity. :)

Aaand here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Have the fun! :cool:

-Kat

7. Daemon Wolf

Daemon Wolf Senior Member

Welcome to the forum :) and as an author once said to me: "There is no such thing as Writer's Block". Followed with something along the lines of "you have to keep writing and writing". You can sit back and stare at a screen or you can write and write because you can always rewrite the bad parts later.

Hell I spent 3 months with writers block and when I finally sat down to force myself to write I was back on track within a week.